naayaab

Naayaab
(n.) rare, precious.

...

Chapter 65

_________

If my plate wasn't enough full yet, Adrian served two more tacos. I groaned and turned to glare at him. In response he gave me a small smile. "You'll love this one." He said to me.

"I already had one." I told him. He nodded. "I know. But those were shrimp tacos and these are beef and onion."

I had to roll my eyes. I was still pressed about Xander's behavior. He can't take my wine glass away! And then forbid others to serve me any type of alcohol and then he called me underage. I don't know guys, do I look under age? James was nice enough to bring me some soda but I only wanted to throw the can at his face.

"I'm not hungry." I told him. His mouth was full of food, but he still gave me a confused look.

"But you barely ate anything." Zara voiced from my other side. I sighed and started to toss around the food with my fork. I wasn't sitting very far away from Xander and I made sure he was noticing. That man can't control me. I want some fucking alcohol.

"Hey! Is it about Xander?" Adrian rested his arm over my shoulder. I leaned on to him and rolled my eyes. "It doesn't fucking matter." Came my reply. Someone said something from the other end that made Xander laugh loudly and he raised his glass, "We'll drink to that!" Everyone raised their glasses and turned to me with a pitiful expression. He is doing that on purpose!

I crossed my arms over my chest and stubbornly stared at him. He grinned and drank from his glass then payed attention to the food on his plate. I fiddled with my own fork and looked around the table full of people who get to drink.

Archie brought his beautiful wife. He whispered something to her and they both started laughing, their encounter made me smile. A few chairs down, I spotted Carlos. He looked exactly the same, dressed in a black dress shirt and smiled at someone sitting across him. He kept talking animatedly and then raised his class to toast.

How can a person piss me off without even trying?

Adrian poked my shoulder. I sighed and turned to him. He held out his fork in front of me, trying to feed me. I suppressed my smile and ate it. Smirking, he turned back to his food. Adrian was right, everyone around me ate like there's no tomorrow. They were about to go to food coma as he said and I could totally see it happening. Zara placed her wine glass in front of me and winked at me.

I appreciated the gesture, I really did. But I politely declined. Then Adrian tried to feed another small taco to me, which he successfully did. My eyes glanced at Xander to see him staring at me. I didn't look away, instead I stared right back. A while later he smirked at me and raised his glass. What an asshole!

Before he could slyly look away and be pleased with himself, I grabbed Adrian's glass and gulped down whatever was in it. Xander was no longer smiling victoriously. Everyone around maybe noticed my little antic because Atlas choked on his food and started coughing. Adrian looked serious too. I rolled my eyes and looked away, grabbing a spoonful of rice and shoving it in my mouth. It was totally pointless but I loved it. It took them some time but everyone went back to normal and continued eating.

"Hey I know you're brave, but don't be brave in front of Xander okay?" Zara spoke to me slowly. My phone started ringing, it was Justin. Just the person to lighten up my mood. "I'll be back." I whispered to Adrian and left before he could reply.