redamancy

Redamancy
(n.) the act of loving in return.

...

Chapter 63

____________

    "Alright tell me this, how big was it?" Ethan whispered hurriedly. I shrieked and pushed him away from me. I had to tell someone I lost my virginity and he was the one across our room.

"Stop thristing over my man." I told him, who only rolled his eyes. Ethan sighed. "You know I'm a perv, don't act surprised now."

I shook my head and looked around the restaurant for Tyler and Adrian. They went to grab the food while Ethan and I save the table for them. We were at this retro cafe Ethan's cousin suggested us, named Blackbird. Soon I saw both of them heading over to us and placing trays full of yummy food in front of me. I reached out immediately for the avocado toast and took a generous bite. My eyes closed in bliss.When I opened them, Adrian was staring at me. I looked away. He reached out and placed a kiss on my cheek, making my heart race.

We enjoyed our breakfast together before Tyler and Ethan headed out to go cycling around downtown then meet up for lunch with their mums.

I was sipping my coffee peacefully when Adrian pulled down my beanie to my eyes. Chuckling, I pulled it up and looked at him. "What should we do?" I asked him. He took a sip from his own coffee. Adrian looked at me, his eyes twinkling. "I've rented a motorcycle. Let's get on it and see where it takes us."

I took one last sip from my hot chocolate. "Sounds like a plan to me."

Grinning, we got out of the cafe hand in hand, the chilling air of this frozen city hit me right in the face. Everywhere I look, it's either all white or concrete. I took my seat behind boyfriend dearest and he drove past all the tall buildings, World of Coca Cola, CNN and all of it. We stopped in front of a red light. My eyes fell on a pink building.

I scanned a little carefully and would you have guessed it? It's a library. I leaned in to talk to Adrian who was staring at strangers on road. "We are pulling up at that building! It's a library. Please baby?" I try to sound cute.

"You've gotta be shitting me." He looked over his shoulder. I shook my head. "I'm not! Please Adrian!" I squeeze him in my arms. Adrian huffed loudly to show me his dismay but did as told. I didn't even wait for him to park the bike and already sprinted for the library. It wasn't huge but it's still big and shelves as tall as it's ceiling. Adrian was running behind me as I ran through the aisles. It felt good to be indoors after so long, my nose was about to freeze and fall off.

I walked around, running my hand on the books, Adrian following closely but silently, till my eyes landed on an absolute gem. I pull it out and motioned Adrian to step closer. He looked at the book in my head curiously.

Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli.

"This book, right here, is my first all nighter until you came along." I smiled at him. He gave me a confused look and took the book from my hand. "What do you mean?"

"This was a birthday gift, the day I got it I stayed up all night reading it. By the time it finished it was time to take a shower and get ready for school. But then I met you and you had me swimming in the beaches naked and up all night."

Sides of his mouth curled up. He looked back at me. "I bet staring at my ass was thousand times better than reading this one."

"I- no. She was a sweet girl with an Ukelele.... you know what? Yes. Your butt." I didn't argue and leaned in for a kiss. His warm lips sealed over mine, our eyes fluttering close.