sulit

Sulit
(adj.) Something that's worth it.

....

Chapter 59

____________

             I had no reason to be so anxious but I am. Ethan and Tyler could feel it from the front seat. "Tara you alright there?" Ethan was kind enough to ask me that but honestly, I don't know how I am.

"Tara! You see how each of us have our own way to earn money for the gang? James does boxing, Zara owns mama Kerry's, Adrian and Atlas does the drug dealing, Archie for all types of vehicles, Zach is more like the brains of our gang and then there's me. Well tonight, you see what I do."

"You aren't taking me to Adrian?" I raised my eyebrow at him. Tyler rolled his eyes. "Yes princess! I'm taking you to him. But I was telling you about the location."

Sighing I looked outside the window from Tyler's expensive Jaguar. Now I'm convinced they are lowkey millionaires. First the mansion, now this car. "Tell me about the location."

"Yeah! So I race." He announced and looked at Ethan. Ethan's face had confusion written all over it. "Like in fast and furious?"

"Yes babe. But there are bettings which helps me win a lot. See, sometimes I win. Then in the next race I lose, on purpose. Because then all those bet money comes to us. Then an opponent comes, challenging me, and I win again. Then take all his money. It's really that simple." Tyler shook his head. That was a very wicked plan.

"You do all sorts of illegal stuff! I love that!" Ethan exclaimed and looked outside the window. Tyler turned to his man and smiled, like genuinely smiled with his eyes wrinkled. Then he looked ahead but, me, the third wheeler watched this sweet moment and cursed my luck. Adrian made it sound like he's doing some big stuff and now, he's going to ask me out in some racing pit.

I just wanted it to feel a little, I don't know, special. Like in those movies. It's the silliest thing I could hope for.

Tyler killed the engine behind a tall building, a lot far away from the city. The building was deserted and behind it was a whole damn party. All the neon lights, loud music, drunk guys dancing.

Everyone seemed to recognise Tyler's car as they started walking towards it. Tyler got out and greeted everyone. Ethan made his way to my side. Both of us looked like deers caught in headlight, and so out of place. "So my boyfriend is a celebrity?" Ethan muttered. Tyler stood in the crowd, fist bumping a group of friends.

"I think so." I muttered back.

I saw a familiar tall guy make his way in the crowd towards us. He bumped into a girl and flashed her a dazzling smile. Saying sorry, he kept on walking till his eyes landed on me and he stopped. Then he smiled at me. I smiled back.

Adrian quickly made his way to me. His eyes raked over my whole body once he had a full view, making me squirm. Of course, I was wearing his leather jacket. "Hi." He casually pulled me into a hug.

"Hey! How are you doing?" My eyes ran over his bruises. Adrian shrugged. "I'm hot, as always." He replied and I dramatically rolled my eyes. Adrian smirked down at me. Tyler came up beside him.