metanoia

Metanoia
(n.) The journey of changing one's mind, heart self or way of life.

...

Chapter 64

___________

                        I pointed the knife in my hand at Tyler, who widened his eyes at me. "You take one more cracker and you're a fucking dead man." I threatened him, trying to sound as scary as I could. Tyler swallowed the crackers in his mouth under my death glare. Just when I thought he learned his lesson, the little fucker grabbed one more before sprinting out of the kitchen.

"You piece of shit!" I yelled at him who bumped into Atlas on his way out. Atlas looked at us weirdly before walking in. "What was that?" He asked me.

"Just Tyler being Tyler I guess. Where's Adrian?" I asked him. Atlas grabbed one of the crackers and put it in his mouth. I'm so gonna stab him.

"Outside. With James, working on the Barbecue."

"Aren't you gonna make anything?" I asked, already annoyed at him. He nodded. "Tiramisu. And I assure you blondie, it's gonna kick your cheesecake's ass."

I gave him an challenging look. "Or maybe I'll kick your ass, you haven't seen my dessert skills yet." I spoke with confidence although I had no dessert skill. Atlas smirked and looked away. He left after that. I tried my best to focus on my damn cheesecake, it has to turn out good or I'll die of shame. Tyler made quesadillas and they look absolutely delicious. I'm assuming others are gonna do their best.

Once putting my cheesecake in the oven, I wandered out to find Adrian. I get bored without him and when with him, he doesn't have to do much to keep me away from boredom. It's an weird effect he has on me. I stepped outside the house through the back door. James and Adrian were there, drinking and talking while smoke surrounding them. For once, it wasn't cigarettes but the barbecue. They heard me stepping outside.

"Adrian I'm bored!" I wrapped my arms around him and hug him tightly. He laughed in my hair and pressed a small kiss. "I can think of many ways to entertain you."

"Is dancing to Beyoncé and stripping one of them?" I suggested and wiggled my eyebrows. He gave me a shocked look but he was smiling. I think he liked my idea.

"That sounds wild and crazy but we have a feast to prepare for." James spoke, making me frown. I walked away from Adrian and stood by his side where he was flipping sausages. "I need your help." I whispered to him. He gave me a confused look. "Everything ok?"

I shook my head. "Tell me about Atlas's tiramisu. Does he make that every year?" I inquired. James frowned and looked down at him sausages. "Yes. And they are pretty good. Why?"

I sighed. "He was being a meanie to me. Saying how his dessert will taste better than mine. You know it better than anyone James, I worked fucking hard on that fucking cheesecake." Dramatic much?

James shook his head. "You two." He muttered under his breath and kept smiling to himself. I had to narrow my eyes. "What are you so happy about?"

"Someone should've said this to you earlier Tara but, tiramisu and cheesecake are two very different foods. Both are yummy." James explained to me. "Everyone in the gang loves both of them. I'm sure your cheesecake is going to be just fine."

"You were useless." I muttered before walking off to where Adrian was setting up the table. The table could probably sit a hundred people. He noticed me standing at a distance and waved me over. I walked to him him with a grin. Sweat glistened on his forehead and he looked red from standing under the sun for so long. Yet he looked so cute.