tacenda

Tacenda
(n.) things better left unsaid;
matters to be passed over in silence.

...

Chapter 10

—————————

One week must have passed in a blink, because now, Shawn and Justin were standing out in our porch ringing our doorbell. That means, it's mom's time to leave.

Mom as leaving for London, with Gray. On a vacation. I was shell shocked when I heard that, not because she's leaving me alone to go travel with some guy, that happened before. But she was taking a break, after so fucking long.

I was so happy for her. I also liked the relation She and Gray shared, they seemed pretty into each other.

But my happiness vanished when she said Justin and Shawn will come live with me. They were such troublemakers. The only reason why Justin agree to this was mom's alcohol collection. And here I thought I'll have the whole house to myself.

I wouldn't say I'll miss her. Because simple, I won't. I'm used to her not being around and living on my own. But just to make her happy, I'll have to kiss her goodbye and lie about missing her. Sucks.

I groan and jump on my bed, living alone could be handled. Living with Justin and Shawn meant, chaos. Absolute chaos.

The door to my room opened after a moment and mom walked in, "Honey it's time." She said.

I stand up and mom snickers, "Why don't you like dressing up Tara? Look at you, a complete mess."

I look down at myself, I was wearing a sweatshirt and ripped jeans. The jeans were cool, but the top was something I bought from the men's section. With Justin of-course. My hair was falling on my face, which meant it looked like a bird's nest on my head.

"What are you even saying? I look absolutely amazing. Woman you're jealous." Mom and I laugh together.

"The boys are waiting, let's go."

As I reach the very bottom of the stairs, I saw Gray having a conversation with the two. Once he noticed me he smiled.

"Take care of my mom, and just ring me if she's being a pest." I tell him and he nods, "Will do, kiddo." He ruffled my hair and pulled me in for a hug, I hesitated first but then just wrapped my arms around him. I liked hugs. Specially from people who smell good, like Gray did at the moment.

We break the hug and mom hugs me. I just hope she doesn't get emotional now. My period is around the corner, so if I start crying now, I won't be surprised.

"Take care baby, which I know you will. I love you." She says and smiles. "Love you too mom. Now get going."

Justin hugs mom next, "I'll miss you beautiful." He kisses her cheek.

"Take care of my girl." She said and he nodded. He even looked matured, with his button up navy blue shirt on.

"I will." He said and shot me a smile. As if.

Mom hugs Shawn next, "Have fun Teresa." He says and she nods.

Gray and mom get into the car and drive off. The sun was about to set and something in me didn't want to turn around and enter the house. I wasn't ready to face the trouble that waits inside. I tried telling mom, having Justin and Shawn over will be a bad idea. But she wouldn't budge.

"The vodka is all mine." I heard Justin sing. Then I heard our front door open and two people walk in. I was the last to enter, I heard voices coming from kitchen. Taking my sweet time, I walked to them.