repartee

Repartee
(n.) conversation or speech characterized by quick, witty comments or replies.

...

Chapter 17

_________________

Today I decided on something. When you go to school after you've turned eighteen, you give people a small reminder on how much of an attractive settings of atoms you are. Which means, I'll be dressing up fancy. I'll try not to keep it slutty. But still, they need to know, what atoms they are missing.

Mostly because, I couldn't sleep. So I woke up early.

Anyway, I put on my pretty off the shoulder top and a mini skirt to match it. Loosely curled my hair and put some effort to fix my face. I mean, I did makeup. I hope I didn't over do it. When Justin saw me getting out of my door, he took off his sunglasses to inspect me. I sit on the passenger seat next to him.

"The club is other way, actually." He says. I roll my eyes.

"You can tell me I look pretty, I won't judge."

"You look pretty." He commented. We grin at each other before he drove off. I can't believe girls put this much effort for school everyday. It takes so much patience and strength. When I couldn't get my eyeliner wing right, it took me all of my strength to not have a mental breakdown. That shit is hard.

Justin pulled into his usual parking spot. I let out a shaky breath, catching his attention.

"There is a first for everything." He smirked. I shrugged it off and opened the door. One foot, then another. I was closing the door when a wind blew and I turned around, catching almost everyone's attention. I walked past their curious faces, like I'm some queen bee in a chick flick. It felt awesome.

Some whistled and some had to pick up their jaws from the floor, as Justin walked to me and threw his arm around my shoulder. We exchanged another grin as we did our power walk. We went in the crowded building where everyone parted away for us. God, I feel like I'm some princess.

"See you at homeroom." Justin said to stop by his locker. I winked and didn't say anything. This moment had to last forever. I was soon going through my books and people stopped staring. Not most of them.

"Which colored pill did you have?" Shawn asks out of no where. I give him a tight lipped smile. "Good morning to you too. Any tests?"

He shook his head before he held up his hand for a high five. I raised my eyebrows and gave him a high five anyway. Then I noticed it, our nails. Our sunflowers like bright yellow nails, that was ruining my whole look. I giggled.

"You look pretty." He says softly.

As I shut my locker, we hear Lauren's "Baby!"  followed by a "I missed you!". As if they didn't meet last night. Justin's hugged her for the longest of time before they started making out furiously.

"Trevor is checking you out." Shawn whispered in my ear. I turn to look and his face so close to me. Just centimeters away. "Then let him. I don't care."

He wrapped his arms around me suddenly and turned me to face him. "Shawn!" I whispered. "Keep calm."  He whispered back.

He leaned down to kiss me and I didn't back away. It was a short peck. Maybe he didn't want to catch everyone's attention but just irritate Trevor. His eyes went down to my neck.