Chapter 8: Change Your Life

-Ava's POV-

Two hours.

That all the time I have till I need to be on the stage.

Till One Direction will be hearing MY music.

I grip the bathroom counter, staring at myself in the mirror.

"You got this Ava. You got this." I'm try and miserably fail to convince myself.

Raking my hands through my hair, I groan loudly.

Poppy appears at the bathroom door, "I swear Ava if you mess up your hair again I will beat your arse!"

Poor Poppy is more concerned about my appearance than I am. She's been constantly fusing over my hair and makeup for the past hour. I'm more concerned with the possibility I may die of a heart attack on stage tonight.

I'll admit though, she did a wonderful job. My hair is in perfect waves. My makeup simple but flawless.

The dress I bought for tonight is perfect. It's white, with very simple, but rich fabric. It's sleeveless, loose around my top, then gets tighter around my bum and thighs. It ends a few inches above my knees. The holes my arms go through are long, going all the way down towards the top of my bum, slightly angling towards the back. I kept my jewelry simple, choosing some chandelier earrings, and a couple of chunky bracelets. Some silver stilettos completed my look.

Poppy forced me to get a spray tan yesterday. Insisting it would give me 'sensual glow' as she called it. I'm still not sure about the sensual part, but my skin is defiantly glowing today.

"There, all done." Poppy finishes fixing my hair, obviously proud of her work. "Now don't touch it again!"

I laugh, knowing there's no way that's happening. Not with how stressful this night will be.

Poppy looks amazing tonight. Her long blonde hair is straight and she's wearing a champagne colored dress. It's strapless, with a wide gold belt, the skirt flaring out and ending mid thigh.

I can't wait for everyone else to get here. All my friends are coming except Olivia, who is out of town. We are all riding together tonight, everyone giving me extra support for my big night.

I hear my phone ding from my bedroom and go to collect it as well as my clutch. As soon as I look at the screen my heart skips a beat.

Harry Styles

One New Text Message

~Hiiiii Ava. Just checking in to see how you are doing. I know you are probably nervous for tonight, but you will do ace. We are all routing for you. -H xx

He is so sweet. It's crazy he was thinking about me.

To Harry: That is so sweet of you! Yes I'm VERY nervous. But don't worry, I'm not to the point of fleeing the country or anything. Not yet anyway. ;)

~Haha good. The lads and I are going to a club opening tonight after your show. Would love for you and your mates to join us. -H

To Harry: That sounds awesome! I'm sure they would all love to go. Thanks for the invite. :)

~No problem love. Im glad our night wont end so early this time. I will see you soon. -H xx

To Harry: Ditto

Oh my lord! Did I just use the word Ditto in responding to a text from Harry Styles? I am such a dork. Ugh.

A knock at the front door snaps me out of my mortification. I hear Poppy answer it, so I grab my clutch and head down the hallway.