Chapter 69: A Bad Day

-Ava's POV-

I grab my phone, hitting snooze for the fifth time. I was up way to late last night.

I roll over and reach my arm out for Harry, then realize he isn't there. I'm still in Amsterdamn and I have about a twelve hour drive to catch up to him. Just wonderful.

Throwing the covers off of me, I drag myself out of bed and into the bathroom. A cold shower is definitely needed to wake myself up.

After a good ten minute rinse, I make use of the complimentary toothbrush and toothpaste before putting back on my clothes from yesterday. My bag containing all my clothes and everything else is still on the bus.

I call the front desk and ask them to arrange a rental car for me. I'm informed it will be an hour before it arrives, so I decide to head downstairs and eat my fill of anything and everything at the breakfast buffet.

After stuffing my face with far to many bagels and slices of bacon, my car finally arrives. I don't waste any time in getting the keys from the desk clerk and walking outside. I'm greeted with a blue mini cooper convertible. At least I'll enjoy the twelve hour drive!

I quickly jump behind the driver's seat and put in my destination on the gps. Being the weather is awesome I put the top down and blast the radio. I have fun singing to the music as I get onto the freeway. Maybe a little to much fun, considering the stares and laughs I'm recieving as I pass by other cars.

About six hours into the drive, a one direction song comes on, making me instantly homesick for Harry. Did I just associate Harry with being my home? Wow Ava, way to not get to attached to him.

I try to ignore how much hearing his voice makes me miss him, but I can't. I have to call him.

I grab my bag out of the passengers seat and dig around in it for my phone. I check it three times before realizing I must have left it back in the hotel room. Just perfect Ava!

I slap my hands on the steering wheel in annoyance. I can't go back for it, at this point I'm already more than six hours away from Amsterdamn. I'll just have to have it sent to me or get a new one. Harry's going to be trying to call me after soundcheck, which should be over and done with in less than an hour. He's going to flip out if he calls and calls me and I don't answer him all day. I don't know his or any of the boys number off the top of my head, so I can't stop and call from a pay phone.

I resign myself to the fact there's nothing I can do except just get to the venue.

By the time it's dark I only have three hours left to go. I'm more than exhausted after staying up half the night and driving all day. Just as I remind myself I only have a few more hours to go, I hear a pop and one of the back tires go flat. Just great!

I groan as I pull over. I get out hoping someone passing by will stop to help me, but the freeway is completely empty. Looks like I'm going to have to do this all by myself. I open the tiny trunk and pull out the tools and spare tire.

Just as I get the flat tire pulled off the car I hear thunder quickly followed by sprinkles. I stop what I'm doing and hit the button for the convertible top to go up.

And nothing happens.

I try again and again as it starts full on raining. It's flipping broken! UGH!!!!!!

I hurriedly try to finish but by the time I am tightening up the spare, I'm now getting soaked by a full on torrential downpour. The water is freezing and I don't even have a jacket to put on.

"Are you freaking kidding me!" I yell, throwing my tools back into the trunk and jumping into the drivers seat. I once again try to get the top back up but it's no use. I'm going to have to just drive in the rain.