Chapter 72: Whatever It Takes

-Harry's POV-

"So where's this Ava you've been going on about?" Tom asks me.

"She ran to the loo."

"I actually wanted to talk to you about her." Lou speaks up.

"Yeah? What about?" I ask as I twirl Lux around.

"I talked to her about the contract like you asked me to."

"And?...."

"Just don't get your hopes up okay?"

I stop what I'm doing and focus my attention on Lou, "What? She say she wasn't going to sign it?" That conversation obviously didn't go how I wanted it to.

"No, she didn't say that. But I can tell she's convincing herself not to." Lou frowns at me.

"No, she's not. She'll sign it."

"Haz, you need to consider that she might not."

"She will. Now can we stop discussing this?" I ask, irritated. I don't want to hear that she won't.

"Stop discussing what?" I hear Ava ask behind me.

I turn around and smile at her, "Nothing. Ava this is Tom."

"Nice to meet you." She smiles at him as she shakes his hand.

"Lovely to finally meet you as well. I'm glad Lou has had another woman to hang around this tour. The lads tend to drive her mad."

"I can only imagine! When she left me alone with them for just two days I about lost my mind." She chuckles.

"When I came back her hair was purple!" Lou laughs, "Louie had filled the shower head with grape koolaid. Thankfully we got it all washed out."

"So how bout we get some lunch?" Tom suggests.

Lou and I nod as Lux squeals for pudding, which Lou immediately shoots down, deeming it an unfit lunch.

"I would love to, but I'm not feeling all that well. Another time?" Ava smiles at all of us.

"You alright?" I ask. She seemed just fine moments ago.

"Yeah, just a bit of a headache. I just need to lay down for a bit."

"You want me to stay with you?"

"No, go and have fun!"

"You sure?" I question. She's smiling but I can tell it's not reaching her eyes. But maybe it's just her headache.

"Positive. I'll meet up with you later." She leans up and gives me a small peck on the lips, "Nice to meet you again Tom."

He nods and she says her goodbyes, heading outside towards the bus.

Two hours later I'm walking back onto the bus. I barely have time to check on Ava before we have to be on stage for sound check.

I see the curtains closed on her bunk. Well our bunk. We somehow manage to squeeze together to fit in one and I wouldn't have it any other way. Then she has to sleep half on top of me every night.

I lean down and push one of the curtains open to find her back to me. I can tell she's breathing deeply so she must be asleep.

"Av." I say quietly as I run my hand down her arm.

She stirs and slowly turns around.

"Hey you." She gives me a small smile and opens her eyes. They are red and bloodshot.

"Have you been crying?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

"What? No." She shakes her head and rubs her eyes.