Chapter 61: "I'm with Kelsey Worthington."

-Harry's POV-

Sliding into the back seat of the black Lincoln town car, I'm greeted by my driver.

"Pleasure to have you staying with us Mr. Styles. My name is Thomas. I was instructed to take you to Trinity Church?"

"Nice to meet you Thomas. Please just call me Harry. And yes, Trinity Church is correct."

"Excellent Sir." He says, pulling out into the long line of cars down Park Avenue.

Forty-five minutes later we pull up to one of the oldest buildings in New York city. There's no one outside, so I'm guessing I'm late for whatever occasion this is.

I thank Thomas and he gives me his direct number to call when I want to be picked back up. Getting out of the car, I make my way up to the large bronze doors. I straighten my tie, praying this is going to go to shit the second she sees me. As I step inside, I'm immediately stopped by a man looking down at a list.

"Your name sir?"

"My name wouldn't be on the list." I reply, trying to figure out how I'm going to get in.

"I'm sorry sir, but unless you are on the list, or a member of your family is; I'm afraid I can't allow you inside. We are already over capacity." He frowns at me.

I rack my brain, trying to come up with an idea.

"Is there an Ava McCain on the list?" I ask.

He looks down, flipping through several pages. "No sir."

He looks up at me suspiciously as I realize I'm an idiot. Of course no one knows her by Ava McCain here.

"Kelsey Worthington. I'm with Kelsey Worthington." I smile at him.

He narrows his eyes at me, "And how exactly are you related to Miss Worthington?"

"I'm her husband." I lie, "And I'm already late, so can you please let me in?"

He looks me up and down before letting me pass. I breathe a sigh of relief as I walk through the interior doors. There are several men standing in the large hallway, and I'm about to go through the main doors when I'm stopped.

"Please use the side doors sir. The ceremony has already begun."

I nod and go through through the door he pointed out to me, walking into the back of the main hall. The room is crowded, with almost every seat taken. I look around to try to spot Ava, but there's just to many people. I slide in on the back row as a song ends and everyone sits down.

A large older man takes the pulpit, and addresses the crowd. "Thank you all for your attendance today. I know the family is deeply appreciative that you could join them in mourning the loss of their dear loved one. Katherine Worthington was a pillar in both our community and our church. She was a very charitable woman, always giving of her time and resources to help those less fortunate then themselves..."

He goes on to talk about her life and accomplishments before pulling out another paper and reading from it. "Katherine Worthington was preceded in death by her dear husband Gregory Worthington. She is survived by her only son, Robert Worthington and his wife Blair Worthington; and one granddaughter Kelsey Worthington. Katherine requested that Kelsey say a few words in her behalf, so I would like to ask her to take the stage now."

I crane my neck to see Ava stand up from her seat on the front row and walk up to the stage. I can see her hands shaking from here, making me want to go up there and pull her into a hug.

She gives a sad smile to the crowd before pulling a small piece of crumpled up paper out of her clutch. "On behalf of my family, I want to thank you all for being here today. My grandmother was a wonderful woman, and your presence today shows how many lives she impacted during her 76 years here on earth. I was very close to my grandmother, and spent much time with her as a small child. She was a concert pianist for most of her adult life, and it was her passion for it that made me, even at a very young age, sit down at her piano and ask for my first lesson. From that point on, playing together created my fondest memories of childhood, and it is a part of her I will carry with me forever. My grandmother was a woman of faith, family, charity, integrity, and hard work. She was always supportive of those she loved, no matter what course of life they chose. I think my grandmother had a full and happy 76 years. She accomplished what she wanted to in her life, and I don't think any of us could ask for more than that. Those she helped along the way are her legacy, and she will never be forgotten. I'm now going to play her favorite composition. It was the first song she taught me, and the last one I played for her before her death."

My heart aches for her as she goes across the stage and sits in front of the piano. The song is short, but beautiful in the simplest way. Once she's finished she takes her seat. I notice there's only one other couple sitting on her row, and they give her a hateful look as she sits down. They must be her parents, being the only other ones sitting in the section for family. And they are sitting as far away from her as possible, making Ava seem very small and alone.

The next song is announced and everyone stands and begins to sing the hymn. I move out into the aisle a bit so I can see Ava. She is holding her book, but not singing. I can see her shoulders slightly shaking, and as she turns to pull a tissue out of her clutch I see the tears streaming down her face.

I don't hesitate to quickly walk up the aisle towards her. Numerous heads turn my way and give me dirty looks as I walk by. I know I'm causing a bit of a scene but I don't give a shit. Ava is alone and crying and I won't just stand there and watch her mourn alone.

Her parents notice me walking up and glare at me, their eyes narrowing as I stop next to Ava.

I startle her as I put my hand on her arm and her mouth falls open as she sees I'm standing next to her.

_________________

A/N: If you are enjoying the story, please vote! I spend hours and hours writing this and it only takes a second. It would mean so much to me and to getting my story out there! Thanks!! ;)