Chapter 83: A Beautiful Dress a Present and a Castle

-Ava's POV-

"Ava, if you don't sit still I'm never going to get your hair just right." Lou scolds me as I fidget around in my chair.

I try to calm myself so I can keep still but it's a losing battle. I'm looking down at the notes for my speech tonight and I'm incredibly nervous. I'm always nervous when I go out on stage, but usually I have my piano as a buffer. Tonight I have nothing. And it won't be a small crowd like I'm used to at the club, there's over two hundred seats that were sold for the event.

Poppy plops down on the chair next to me, looking me over, "Ava, you look a fright! Calm down, you barely have to say anything!"

"It's the fact that I have to say anything at all!" I whine. I know I'm overreacting but I hate, HATE, being in front of people. Right now I wish I had just 1% of the confidence Harry has on stage.

"What kind of makeup are you wanting?" Lou asks once she's finally done with my hair. We decided on a simple romantic up-do which will suit the dress perfectly.

"What would you suggest?" I ask, not being anywhere near the beauty genius she is.

"Well from the look of your dress... I say we give you a soft glow, with a very light smoky eye, and some soft pink lipstick."

"Sounds good to me." I smile at her, happy that I have one less thing to worry about. With Lou in charge I know I'll end up looking better than I ever have.

"So what was up with your little british tart today?" Poppy asks as Lou gets to work.

I roll my eyes, wondering if she'll will ever actually refer to Harry as Harry. "I'm not really sure."

I see Lou raise her eyebrows at my response.

"Do you know?" I ask her.

"I know he's upset about something, but no, I don't know what it is." Lou replies.

"Well let's hope he isn't in such a wretched mood tonight." Poppy smiles at me, "However I know he won't be able to be anything but chuffed when he sees you in that dress."

"Let's hope so." I pray that whatever is going on with him is worked out by tonight. I want it to be perfect. Not only the event but after as well. I can't help but smile to myself at the thought.

"What are you so happy about all of a sudden?"

"Nothing." My cheeks betray me as they flush.

"Oh my god!" Poppy points at me, "You were thinking about bonking him tonight!"

"Stop! Can you please not call it that!?"

"You were! Don't be embarrassed love. There's not a girl alive who wouldn't be smiling at the thought of spending an evening naked in bed with the likes of Harry Styles."

"Okay, I'm going to be sick. Please don't talk about Harry that way around me." Lou frowns at Poppy, only making her laugh more.

We convince Poppy to go on a coffee run, giving us both a much needed break. Ten minutes later, Lou spins me around in the chair so I'm facing the mirror. Wow, she does good work. My skin really does look like it's glowing.

"You fancy it?"

"Yes, I love it!" I smile at her.

"Good, now go get changed. You need to be there soon and I need to get started on the rest of the girl's." Lou orders, making me feel like I'm one of the boys right before a concert.

I jump up out the chair and head into the next room where my dress is hanging. I want to just stand there and stare at it, but I don't have the time. I bite my lip as I contemplate Poppy's suggestion from yesterday.