4

To say that these past few hours have been the most confusing of my life would be an understatement. Somehow, I went from being the shy 'new girl', to the shield's new number one fan, to Seth Rollins' gym buddy, to now his date. And all of that makes no sense to me.

As much as I don't want too, I need to distance my self from all the shield, especially Seth. I'm only here for six weeks, and his only in the country for six weeks, and I know I'll get attached. I can't handle anymore hurt. I can't slip back that far again.

He said 7:30, but it's 6:50pm and I'm laying on my hotel bed trying to come up with an excuse as to why I can't come. All I can think of is the obvious ones, like I don't feel well or I'm sick. Just plain old ones I used to get out of numerous dates I was too scared to go on back home.

I could feel myself slowly start to slip back to darker days. The same days that nearly ended my university life. I knew that within a few days I would barely be leaving my hotel room except to go to the arena. I knew that I would barely eat and barely leave the bed. I would cover my skin completely, afraid and disgusted of what was underneath.

But I just couldn't cancel on Seth. The guilt would eat me alive. I pulled myself off the bed and dug thought my luggage, trying to find something remotely 'sexy'. I found a long sleeved black lace dress, I had thrown in on the off chance I went out for the night. The dress was low cut and very revealing, showing off what I deemed to be my best assets. I quickly undressed and pulled on the material that just sat below my ass. I changed into matching black lace underwear, feeling more complete. Quickly running the straightener over my hair, I fixed up my make up then searched for my favourite black heeled boots.

I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed at what looked back at me. Grabbing my oversized wallet, I placed my phone and key card inside and waited on the bed for the clock to strike 7:30.

At exactly 7:30, three short but heavy knocks came from the door. Brushing down my skirt with my hands, I grabbed my wallet and opened the door to reveal Seth in black jeans with a black shirt half buttoned up.

"H-hey" I softly spoke, unsure of my own voice. He was so causal, it made me wonder how many times he had done this.

He smirked down at me, "Hey gorgeous." I blushed and looked down, avoiding his gaze. He grabbed hold of hand and gently tugged me froward away from the door. He reached behind me and closed the door, then placing his hands on my waist.

"Are you okay? You seem- off" Again, I just looked down. I nodded looking at my shoes, noticing how small they were compared to Seth's.

"Yeah I'm fine" I looked up at him and forced the smile that I had used for the past two years. Everyone bought it, so why wouldn't Seth? He barely knows me. He narrowed his eyes, not looking convinced. He opened his mouth as if he was going to say something but closed it and nodded.

"Alright, lets go then" he smiled grabbing hold of my hand, intertwining our fingers. His hand was warm, his fingers soft. His hand in mine felt like home. It was a foreign feeling to me, and I wasn't sure why I was feeling this way. So much for distancing myself.

We walked out of the elevator and down the hotel lobby that I was still in awe of. He lead me towards the glass doors of the hotel restaurant. "I hope you don't mind" Seth said, opening the door for me. "I know it's nothing fancy, but it's close and we could always go somewhere afterwards" he panicked, again taking my hand as we walked over to the greeter.

I smiled up at him as the waiter asked if we had a reservation. "2 for Lopez" Seth said, squeezing my hand as we were lead over to our table.

"Lopez?" I questioned him with a raised eyebrow once we sat down, and the waiter had given us our menus and left.