23

This was it. The last raw. There was only two days left before Colby left. Everything ended here, in Brisbane. It was hot, so hot. We took a small trip to hamilton island where Jon screamed at the sea snakes. Colby was doing everything to ensure we spent the last few days together. I tried to put on a brave face, but today it just broke. I didn't want go cry. I didn't want Colby to see me cry. I was going to cry enough in two days.

But here we were, at 1300 smiles stadium. Preparing to play nurse for the last time to Colby. I knew this day was coming, I just hoped it didn't. Colby had his last singing, so I was left to wander in my own thoughts. This was one of my fears. This was why I was cautious of getting into a relationship with him. I don't know how long I spent sitting on the treatment room floor. It must have been sometime as Colby sat next to me.

"I love you, you know?" He asked quietly after a minute of silence.

I knew he did, and I knew I loved him, but him leaving was the final straw for me. "I know" I croaked out. "I love you too."

Colby stood up, pulling me to my feet. "Come on, lets have another date" he said pulling me out of the treatment room and towards catering.

"We're having a date in catering?" I asked confused as I tried to keep up with Colby.

Colby turned to look at me, "what no, of course not" he replied, pulling me over to the selection of food.
"Pick whatever your little heart desires" he told me, his hand outstretched to the awaiting food.

I gave him a confused look before picking up pasta and chicken. He nodded before grabbing as many desserts in his hands as he could. I had never seen Colby eat this much.

"Right, lets go" he stated, pulling me again but this time out of the stadium. I looked around trying to see where we could be going. We stopped outside a truck with Colby's face on it. Next to it was a ladder and a basket. Still confused, I watched as Colby put all the food into the basket and climbed the ladder.

"Come on!" He yelled from the top of the truck. What was he thinking? Were we even allowed to be up here.

I looked around nervously. Most people were rushing around like usual, only a few stopped to see what we were doing. I took in a breath before climbing the ladder and joining Colby.

"Finally" Colby joked, taking out some strawberries out of the basket.

I looked around to see were sitting on a towel with gatorade next to it. I raised an eyebrow at Colby.

"Was the best I could do" he shrugged, eating a strawberry.

"So our date is on top of a truck with your face on it, sitting on a towel eating catering?" I laughed, leaning into his shoulder. Despite being last minute, I loved Colby's spontaneous dates. How many people could say they've had a date like this?

"Basically" Colby winked at me. I shook my head and reached for the pasta. At least I would have a memorable date to remember our last few days by.

We spent hours on top of the truck. We laid in each other's arms, just laughing kissing. Fans started to queue outside the stadium. I saw Jon's attempt at sneakily trying to take photos of us, but I didn't care they'd go great on my photo wall at uni. Everything was just starting to set in. Instead of listening to Colby's heartbeat like I usually did, I was only thinking of leaving at the airport. We would be going two separate ways, two separate airports. Two different destinations. I feared whether I would fit in with Colby's life back home, if I fitted in at all. The promise ring on finger use to give me some reassurance, but now it gives nothing.

Our date ended as the shield's match was main event. We didn't speak as we walked back into the stadium. We held hands but the feeling was numb. We were distant in fear of the future. Colby walked me to the treatment room before he went to get ready for his match like he usually did, expect this time for the last time. For the last time he kissed my forehead and told me he would see me after his match. For the last time he walked down the hall and I walked into the room. I was just numb.