19

The second we left my 'hometown' and began our three our drive to the arena, the air between Colby and I was tense. We barely spoke once we finished exploring and grabbed our bags. I could understand why Colby was hurt, but at the same time it wasn't a piece of my past I wasn't ready to reveal yet. The only time we spoke was when we stopped for fuel and Colby asked if I wanted anything to eat. Normally he would give me a look when I said no and lecture and about not eating, but this time he just nodded and got his own food.

Colby fell asleep not long after we hit the road again. The music on the radio irritated me, but I couldn't drive in silence. The silence from Colby was enough. Maybe this was a sign for us. Maybe this was a cue for me to re-evaluate Colby and I's relationship. I think that now I shouldn't think much of it.

I let out a sigh of relief as we drove over the Tasman bridge. We were here. Finally. Quickly taking my eyes off the road I unlocked my phone and pressed start on the GPS to the hotel. Colby was still asleep and I hoped he woke up soon so I didn't half to wake him. We were staying at one of the most expensive hotels which made me laugh. An expensive hotel. We should be enjoying the luxuries, yet as soon as we arrive we'll go off to do different things and not speak to each other. There was only two more cities to go before Colby left, and if this is how it was going to be we may as well not continue for those two shows.

I pulled in to the hotel carpark, doing laps of the underground carpark trying to find a park. It was full of SUVs. I found one in the middle and tapped on the breaks harder, jolting Colby awake. Job done. He woke up and looked around him confused. I didn't look at him, just took the keys out of the ignition and grabbed my bag. I heard Colby sigh as I opened the door and got out without a word.

The boot was full of bags, mostly Colby's. But there was the added additions of shopping bags that we didn't bother to pack from earlier on. My heart dropped. Colby stood bedside me, pulling out bags as I starred into space, zoning out. I didn't know that not revealing one key detail would lead to this. A shriek laugh brought me out of my daze. Blinking, I watched as a couple walked by us, holding hands and laughing. We used to be like that.

Shaking my head, I picked up my two bags and shut the boot. I walked towards the hotel lobby, not waiting for Colby. He caught up to me giving me a pained look as we reached the reception.

"Lopez" I mumbled quietly to the receptionist, who didn't hear me as she was too busy starring at Colby.

Yep, Colby, you go right for her.

Colby cleared his throat, looking at me. Her head snapped to me, glaring slightly.

"Oh, what can I do for you?" She boredly asked,  her eyes flicking back to Colby.

"Booking for Lopez" I sassed, not in the mood. Some staff they hire at five star hotels. She typed away on the computer before grabbing two keycards.

"Right, here you go" she winked, handing Colby the keycards. I rolled my eyes and picked up my bags.

If I thought the tension in the car was tense it was worse in the elevator. At this point it wouldn't surprise me if I came back from my assessment tomorrow to find Colby in bed with the receptionist. I don't even know why I'm thinking this way, but that's basically what's going to happen right?

This was by far the worse decision I've ever made.

Walking into our hotel room my mouth dropped in shock. We had been given the honeymoon suite.

There was rose petals on the bed, and the bath. Candles almost everywhere, and a bottle of wine on ice on a tray on the bed. Chocolates were stacked up next to the wine, which was the only thing I was interested in. My heart broke. This was all too much.