25

It had being over a month since I last saw Colby. At hotel we just laid in each other's arms until Joe was banging on the door for us to leave. I cried and cried in the car on the way to the airport. Colby walked me to domestic departures, holding my hand until we reached my departure gate.

"I will see you again, soon" he whispered, his hands holding my head up. "I promise" he kissed me hard before we turned and walked back to the boys.

It was the longest three hour flight. Mascara ran down my cheeks as I sat, crouched into the corner of the window seat. But I didn't care. The uni sent a taxi to the airport to take me back to student accomodation, and it was the longest 40 minute drive. The few students that littered around gave me strange looks as I pulled what was two that is now three bags along, still with mascara stained cheeks.

My wardrobe was nearly full as I unpacked everything that Colby had bought me. I looked at the photo wall next to my desk and another tear ran down my cheek. I couldn't bring myself to look at all the photos of Colby and I. I had already probably cried a years worth of tears and didn't want to cry anymore.

Colby and I talked on imessage, but struggled with the time zone difference. Since it was exams, I was up nearly all hours of the night talking to Colby more. He texted me before his matches, saying how many times he head walked to the treatment room looking for his good luck kiss.

Joe had checked in a couple of times a week, also speaking for Jon as he wasn't as tech savvy. Mostly, Jon was complaining about how whiny Colby was without me.

I used to cut everyone and everything out when it was exams. Studying like a mad woman to be the best. But now, I didn't care. I'd rather talk to Colby than study. If Colby knew this, he would absolutely flip. I had two exams to go before uni for me was finally over. My phone buzzed tearing my attention away from my neurological study.

@wwerollins tagged you in a post

I unlocked my phone to see what photo he posted, hoping it wasn't one where I looked bad. I gasped and saw it was a photo of us from our date on top of the truck.

Good luck on your exams babe

I knew for a fact that Jon took his photo, could see part of his finger at the top. Colby and I weren't looking in the camera, instead looking at each other and laughing. I remembered exactly when this photo was taken. Colby was telling some really bad jokes about wrestling. We looked so happy and I wanted to cry, again.

I had a few people, most I didn't even know come I to me on campus and asked how I knew Colby. One of my lectures referred to me as 'famous'. I got a lot of strange looks when I returned to my first lab session with Colby's promise ring. Elaine originally thought it was a engagement ring, I was quick to shut her down.

The first week without Colby was hard. I missed him constantly, just wanting to touch him one last time. I think I've handled it pretty well, I mean I hadn't had any mental breakdowns without him. I decided even though I would probably cry, I was going to print out all the the photos of Colby and I. I abandoned my study and quickly messaging Joe, asking for the photos from Jon's phone. Asking Jon to send them was not a good idea.

I trekked to the library, logging on to kill the rest of my printing money. Joe sent through the photos and I smiled like an idiot at my phone. So many memories. My eyes laid on a photo of Colby and I holding the koala being proud parents. I was looking at the camera, but Colby was looking at me, smirking. This was my favourite. I uploaded it to Instagram with the caption missing you 💜 and tagged Colby.

I was halfway through adding the new photos to my wall when my phone vibrated. I accepted Colby's facetime request and nearly died when he's sweaty self appeared on my screen.