15

It had hit me once again. Taken over my thoughts and consumed my world. It shouldn't be like this, I shouldn't feel like this. I shouldn't feel as if the whole world is crashing in, surrounding me in cruel evil laughs. In the past two weeks I had tried to hide it, now I didn't bother. At this point, my lowest point, i couldn't care how many people noticed and pointed whilst whispering. I was done.

And this is basically how I went. This was my life when depression consumed me. It was at this point that I would make sick jokes about myself, muttering things like "the happiest person in the world huh?" Or "the best and most stable nurse on the planet."

When it came to myself, I didn't know how to stop. I suppose at this point that it was time for Colby to see me for who I really was in this state. A sarcastic, hurt, and damaged person.

Colby and I did actually get a lot of sleep last night, people in the neighbouring rooms had apparently rung the front desk and made noise complaints. Although the sight of Colby answering the door in a rushed pulled on pair of jeans with a furious look on his face was something worth recording. Of course Dean made fun about it earlier this morning at the airport. I have no doubt that he was one of the complainers. For some reason, we left Adelaide on a 6am flight to Sydney. I much preferred the afternoon flights. Colby apparently wanted to explore and go to the zoo as it was one of his favourite things about Australia, kangaroos. I didn't see the fascination with roos, unless they were boxing their mate in the middle of a street.

We arrived at our hotel which if possible, was even more fancy than the one in Melbourne. Glass everything, marble everything. All it needed now was a gold bath tub. They probably have one somewhere. Our hotel room was no joke, triple and a half of the size of my room at uni. It was nice that we were actually spending more time in Sydney so I could enjoy the spa bath that was probably big enough for six people.

We dumped our bags and I changed into something a little more fancy compared to my trackies and tee shirt from the flight. I suppose in one way I wanted to make a good impression if I was spotted with Colby. I wore a very similar outfit to the one on Colby and I's date, expect heeled boots and a different white shirt.

Our journey apparently began at the zoo where I found myself laughing behind the group of enthused wrestlers. Colby, Dean, and Roman were ahead of me, egarly taking photos of the animals on their phones. I walked slowly behind them with my arms crossed against my chest, wanting nothing more then to be sleeping. They stopped briefly at the snow leopards before rushing to find the kangaroos.

I must have looked really sad and depressed from the sympathetic looks I was getting. But this only made me angry. I didn't want their sympathy, they didn't even know me. They could shove it up an exhaust pipe. They boys didn't notice I was far behind them, they were too busy ogling at the big reds.

"He's got a six pack!" Dean said as I got closer. Roman was taking probably a thousand photos to show his daughter when he got back home, he was almost the dad I always wanted.

"Hey, where did you get too?" Colby asked, turning his attention away from the roo that was having a staring competition with Dean.

I didn't want to let on how I was feeling, I wanted Colby to enjoy the zoo as he had been looking forward to it so much. "Just walking slow" I replied not looking at him.

A hand held my face up, "are you sure you're okay? You can tell me anything." I was made meet Colby's worried face but I just played it down.