16

I heard the door open and I just knew it was Colby. He rushed to my side, grabbing the box of tissues on the way.

"Why didn't you tell me it had got bad again?" He asked, drying my tears.

"I didn't want to bother you" I whispered, feeling ashamed.

I heard Colby sigh as he moved on the bed, cuddling me. "You're not a bother and I know that's how you feel. I just wish you would talk to me, I want to help you, but I can't if you shut me out."

I breathed out. "I'm sorry" I mumbled. "But I'm scared."

Colby looked down at me with a confused face.

"Scared of when you go back."

It was always on the back of my mind. I don't know if Colby ever thought about it, but it was always my second thought. What would happen to Colby and I in three weeks time?
Colby and I had never discussed what was happening with 'us' when he went back to America, and now probably wasn't the best time to be doing it.

Colby look down at me again after remaining quite for a few minutes. Every second of silence killed me. 

"I don't know" he said quietly. My heart broke.
"I don't know how time will work, but I want it too" he looked me in the eye as he spoke.

"I want this I want us, I don't know how us will work, but I will find away" he trailed off, "if you want me too."

Colby starred at me with hope as he awaited my answer. After everything, was this what I wanted? There is still a part of me that believes that Colby is better off without me, but I'm not better without him.

"Yes" I whispered. "I want you more than anything" I started to mumble, in one way loosing control of my speech. "I want this more than my degree, more than my career, more than-" Colby cut me off with his lips. The kiss was rough and heated.

"Don't put your career over me" he lectured with a serious face.

"But my career is you" I replied, motioning to the beds. Colby shook his head and took my hand in his, running his thumb gently over my knuckles.

"Listen, I don't know how but we will work once I've gone back home, you will still be my little nurse, this I can promise you." He learned his forehead against mine.

"I promise" he kissed my head and ran his finger over the promise ring. "This is proof."

I nodded feeling stupid. But when I was at my lowest I found any reason to doubt myself or other people.

"When we get back to the hotel we can spend as long as you want talking about anything, okay?" Colby asked, kissing my head once more.

I nodded looking at the floor. Colby's finger lifted my chin up. "And tell me next time, please." I took in a breath, because I didn't believe for one second that I would tell him when it got bad. "We'll have a code word, then no one will know" he reasoned.

I nodded, liking the idea. "But what will the code word be?" I asked staring up at him. His eyebrows furrowed slightly as he thought.

"Well you seem to really enjoy baths and wine when you feel like this, so how about moscato?"

"Moscato it is" I leant up, kissing his awaiting lips, Before the door opened to reveal Dean.

"I'll be back when the shows over, till then here" he kissed my cheek and handed me something before closing the door behind him.

I looked down at my palm to see a caramello koala, one of my favourite comfort foods. I giggled and ate the chocolate treat before Kevin  owens graced my presence.

I didn't know a lot about wrestling, I hadn't seen a lot of wrestling, but the one thing I did know was that he was nothing but a wingey whiny try hard. For the past fifteen minutes, all I've heard is complaints about how unfair the match was and how he wants a re match. I rolled my eyes and continued to fill out the chart. I knew that this wasn't good therapeutic communication, but at this point I really just couldn't care.

"So there's a superficial cut to the left eyebrow, minimal bruising to the left anterior brachial area, and bruising of the fourth colossal space" I said in a bore tone using full anatomical terms. Sorry Elaine.

"Yes- wait, what does that mean?" He rushed out, throwing hands about.

"You have a cut in your eyebrow, and bruising of the upper arm and 4th rib, yes?" I asked him and he nodded. "Well that's what that means" I said before standing and washing my hands. "I'm going to clean the cut, lay down and get comfortable" I told him whilst grabbing necessary gauzes and supplies. I pulled the tray over to the bed and pulled on my gloves, mentally slapping myself at how I conducted myself.

"Alright, you might wanna close your eyes" I told him as I moved the light further over his head. "Now, I'm going to clean and cover the cut, okay?"

He let out a grunt, "just hurry up" he mumbled. Mentally scoffing, I began to clean the cut, realising it was deeper than I first thought. I grabbed some butterfly stitches from the cupboard and returned to his bedside.

"So I'm going to put on some stitches, they're small and can be removed in 3-4 days" I told him. I was halfway through stitching his cut when the door burst open, nearly coming off its hinges. I jumped and turned to see Braun Strowman followed by a terrified looking cameraman. I stood stunned my gloved hands still holding a stitch as I stared at the giant. This would be my first time being on TV as the promise ring proposal happened when raw went off the air. Braun nodded to the other side of the room and I put down the stitches and scrambled over to the far corner.

"Wait, what are you doing?!" Kevin yelled over to me. This was not something I was getting involved in. Braun laughed at him before pushing the tray over, throwing medical supplies. I gave Braun a 'really' look, which was most likely caught on camera.

"Sorry nurse, but I'm taking this patient to surgery" Braun said, looking at me before grabbing Kevin and throwing him into a wall.

This was intense.

Somehow, both treatment beds were knocked over before the fight continued into the halls. This would definitely be a story to tell Elaine. At least it was on camera so people would believe me.

Some officials somewhere backstage had decided that it wasn't safe to use the treatment room and treatment would be provided in the hall. I had rolls of tape and gloves sitting on top of a crate and a bucket filled with ice packs next to it. I handed out ice packs to some superstars who were quite confused as to what I was doing in the hall.

I heard Dean's moan from further down the hall and waited Colby's arrival. "Hey nursey-" Dean started but stopped to look around. "What are you doing out here?" He asked peering into the treatment room.

"Braun strowman" I shrugged, handing him an ice pack. "I think I'll be on TV" I laughed, taking a seat on the crate.

"Why's that little blonde?" Roman asked leaning on the crate next to me.

"There was a camera that followed him, in on the whole shot, well at least until the took it out here" I said, pointing to the various crates and other objects strewn around.

"Well let's get my little tv star back to the hotel, yeah?" Colby smirked wrapping an arm around me whilst the other took my bag.

The boys changed and we headed back to the hotel. Colby and I showered together, for the first time. It was actually my first ever time showering with someone. Although, it didn't just turn out to be a shower, the idea of me being in an unplanned segment got Colby a little flustered. We were in the shower until the water went cold.

We had ordered room service, which we ate in our underwear for some reason. We laid on the bed, my head resting on Colby's chest as he drew patterns up and down my back.

"Tell me about your family" Colby suddenly said.

What.

Oh god.

"Tell me about them" he prompted, squeezing my shoulder.

"If you really wanna know" I replied, biting my lip. This wouldn't be easy at all.

Unedited.