20

"Why didn't you tell me that Catalina was your real name?" He asked in a whisper, making me nearly drop the needle.

I knew this was coming.

"I was going too" I said and Colby gave me a look. "I was, but I was waiting for the right time, the right time for me" I confessed, grabbing hold of the hands of my love. "I was going to take you to the cat cafe and be like ooh cats my actual first name is Catalina."

Colby burst into laughter, "oh this is why I love you." He stooped laughing and looked at me.

"You love me?"

I stared at Colby with my mouth wide open, he loves me. These are three words that I never thought I would hear, not just from Colby, but from anyone. I think I just starred at him for five minutes, not moving, just standing in shock.

"Um, I should probably go get ready for my match" Colby mumbled with a look of defeat. I was brought out of my shocked state by him getting up off the bed and heading for the door.

"Wait!" I called out to him, throwing the practice needle and running over to him.

"I love you too" I breathed out, unsure if I would faint after saying it. I said it. I said those three words. The three words that have haunted me. I said them.

Colby looked down at me, his hurt frown becoming a smirk.

"Oh I know you do princess" he smirked, bending down to kiss me lightly. "I'll see you soon" he whispered before waking off in the direction of the gorilla.

For the rest of the night I basically sat starring at the ceiling with a smile that made me look like I belonged in a psych ward. Although having to explain why there was a fake needle on the ground to Braun Strowman was kind of funny. He just laughed and let me practice inserting a cannula before leaving to get changed. I believe in some way, I had made some strange friendships. Nattie was the mother I always needed, Braun was the big scary cousin who always made you feel better, and AJ was like that encouraging step dad. I would truly miss everyone when they went back to America and I went back to uni life, but not as much as I would miss Colby.

I studied like a mad woman in catering as it was the last match and it didn't look like I was needed. The table was full of sweet desserts, strawberries, and the odd sand which combined with my textbooks. Nearly the whole room was watching me as I flipped pages and skimmed over the blurred words like a mad professor. I'm sure me being hunched over, my face nearly touching the pages would be a sight.

"What are you doing?" That voice came from behind me. Part of me wanted to slap Colby with a textbook for interrupting me, but I knew he would dodge it and now isn't the place.

"Studying Colby, strength based nursing" I said as if it was the most obvious thing. "Paediatrics" I added, my hands waving at the many open books.

The whole room was silent as they watched the scene unfold. Without even turning to look at him I knew he was angry.

"C'mom, lets go" Colby demanded, grabbing my arm and pulling me up. "No more studying" he stated, grabbing my textbooks.

No studying? How the hell was I meant to pass? "But-" I tried to object. Colby thrusted the textbooks into the awaiting arms of Dean before pulling me out of catering. Amongst everything, I hadn't even noticed that the boys had changed and they had their bags and mine ready to go.