28

Despite catching god knows how many planes for six weeks, I was still terrified of them. If I were to look back on my life in the past three months, I wouldn't have expected any of this to happen. I was just a shy student trying to finish her placement, now I'm a nurse moving to America to be with my boyfriend. I'm not just any nurse. I'm no longer striving to be the best theatre nurse. I'm not just the shield's nurse, I'm a pregnant nurse.

Weren't we careful? No.

Did we think about being careful? No.

In fact, from what I can remember, we never once used a condom or talked about it. I just couldn't figure out how I was going to tell Colby. I probably should have told him before we left Australia, that way he could tell me if he wanted it or not. I suppose Joe knew, I never actually told him and he's never actually asked me. I realised what AJ was talking about on the last smackdown. My strange food combination, even AJ saw it before I did. That word terrifies me. Pregnant. It's just eight letters. Eight letters that could ruin my relationship with Colby.

The boys were clearly use to these kind of long flights. They either kept themselves entertained easily or slept with no problems. I on the other hand was struggling. I couldn't get comfortable. I was tried but I couldn't sleep. I don't know how long we had been in the air for, we were possibly half way. Joe and Jon were happily snoring, leaving me awake to a peaceful sleeping Colby.

"What's wrong?" He asked, his voice full of sleep. Well, so much for peaceful sleeping. He opened his eyes and looked over at me lazily, his hand finding mine.

"I just can't sleep" I whispered, leaning back into the seat.

Colby smiled at me before pulling something out of his bag. "Here" he said, handing me a pill bottle.

I looked at the bottle and back to Colby, confused as to what he had just given me.

"It's a sleeping tablet" he clarified, seeing my confusion. "I use to need them all the time, now I just keep them on me in case I'm having a bad day."

I nodded and read the label intently. Could you take this pregnant? Where was my drug guide when I needed it.

"Just take two, I'll wake you when we land" he added, handing me a water bottle. I nodded and downed the two tablets, and laid down. We had flown first class. Present for my graduation apparently. The bed was much more comfortable than an economy chair, but I still wasn't relaxed. Maybe this was because of the baby? I felt Colby shuffle closer, his legs touching mine as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Babe"
"Babe"
I felt someone poking my cheek. I groaned and swatted their hand away, pulling the blanket further up.

"Babe wake up, we're landing soon."

I shot up, we're landing? I heard Colby's amused chuckle and shook my head.

"How did you sleep princess?" He asked, handing me a tray of food. I looked over and noticed he looked like he had being awake for hours.

"Good" I replied, taking the tray of breakfast from him. I saw nothing that really made me hungry. The pancakes didn't look fresh, they looked a week old.

"Maybe next time you should take one not two" he laughed, stealing a piece of toast.

"You think?" I playfully shot back at him, eating a piece of bacon. Colby didn't laugh though. I looked at him and stared back at me with a shocked expression.

"I stole your food" he said slowly, not breaking eye contact.

I nodded my head, "Yes Colby, I saw you do it" I said slowly, mocking his tone.