18

This was the day I dreaded. Not the day I dreaded the most, that was the day Colby left. We stood in line at Kingford smith airport, waiting to board. And I honestly, would do almost anything not to board that plane. At this moment, I couldn't tell what I was more scared of; going back to my hometown, or having my final assessment. That final assessment would decide my future, but so many people that I did not want in my future would be in my hometown. I was torn. Colby and I were leaving two days ahead of everyone else, so Colby would miss some interviews. Colby apparently had it planned to spend two days in my hometown, then drive three hours down to the arena.

I was terrified.

I was more terrified of landing and walking though to arrivals gates than I was at the thought of flying which has haunted me me this whole trip.

Colby didn't seem to understand my fear of going home, but I didn't want to ruin his visit to my home. For some reason, this was important to him.

We boarded and I just stared out the window, not wanting to leave the tarmac. I didn't pay attention to the safety demonstration, I would just panic anyway. Colby was prepared with his awaiting hand and words for take off, but they weren't needed. I didn't even move or make any facial expression as the plane lifted off the runway and into the air.

"Are you okay?" Colby whispered loudly over the roar of the engine. I just nodded and continued to stare at the clouds. His hand gripped mine, making me turn and look at him. "You can tell me" he whispered again.

I opened my mouth but closed it as I heard a camera go off. I looked and saw the person opposite us taking photos, clearly a reporter. Colby followed my gaze and growled before turning his body and blocking the viewing of the man.

"Fucking media" he muttered under his breath. His free hand clamped itself onto my thigh. "Listen, I know you're scared about going to your hometown and seeing people back home" he started. "But whatever happens, I'll be here. Whatever people say, I'll be here, you're not going to loose me" he said, squeezing my thigh.

I sighed in content of the comfort. I knew Colby meant what he said in all seriousness, but he had no idea what was going to face him.

"You don't know what's waiting" I whispered back.

Colby shook his head, "you don't know the support you have waiting, right here."

I smiled in defeat and leant my head into his chest. "What's really got you down and worried? Apart from going home?" Colby asked, wrapping an arm around me.

"I have a six hour emergency shift, my last assessment before smackdown" I told him, not hiding my fear.

"You'll do well" he kissed my head. I went to protest but he was already waiting for it. "No buts, I know you will. You can practice on me" he winked making me blush.

Only Colby.

"So where are we landing and then where are we going?" Colby asked, trying to distract me from the reporter getting closer.

"Well we're landing in Launceston and I can show you around uni and my place and campus, then drive up to my hometown, then down to Hobart" I said to him. Shielding myself away against Colby as another flash went off.

Colby growled again, fed up. "Hold on" he said before moving himself out of my hold and facing the reporter.

"Do you want something?" Colby asked the man coldly.

The man smirked, holding up his camera and taking more photos. "Is that your girlfriend Rollins?" He taunted, laughing. "She looks terrified, did you beat her up?" He smirked.