You

(AU)

"Okay, see you." You hung up after talking to Kate.

It's a normal routine for you and your two friends to go for a night out whenever you'd like to meet and hang out. You guys are a regular at the bar downtown so you are familiar with the place, drinks and the people around.

It was an eighteen minute drive from your work. You parked your car and made your way to the entrance. The guard recognized you so you easily entered the bar.

Everything that's happening inside are as normal as any other days. There's the usual gig at the stage and there were the people who you are quite familiar with since some of them are also regulars.

You scanned the room for your friends and you walk towards them the second you found them.

"Hey guys," you greet while they're sitting on the stool at the counter.

"Hey (Y/N)," They greet you back as you sit between them.

You ordered your drinks and talked with your friends, catching up.

"Want me to set you up on a blind date?" Kate grins at you. Embarrassingly, the topic's about your love life.

You shake your head, completely disagreeing with the suggestion, "no. Blind dates are the most awkward situations ever and the worst." They laugh.

"Oh come on!" Mia whined, "you should try finding a boyfriend now. You're at the right age and already successful in life." Kate agrees with her.

"Guys, I just... I don't think I have time for that. Right now, my career's my top priority than anything else." You honestly said. But, of course, you kind of agree with what Mia said.

You are twenty five now, it's time that you should be seeing someone and planning for it already.

"Seriously, you should stop being too focused on your career and spending your free time with us. You should try meeting someone. We know someone will be fond of you sooner or later, since you got the looks and the personality."

You're still hesistating, "I don't know how, I don't have an experience yet."

"What's your ideal type then?" Kate questions.

"I'm not really quite sure..." You thought of it, "but I think I do have a thing for boys that have light colored eyes and dark colored hair. Cheekbones may be a bonus." You laugh. You didn't really know your ideal type before but you just figured.

"Well, I think you just described that man" Mia eyed at someone and you follow her gaze.

A man enters the bar and makes it way into the counter. He takes off his hacket and fixed his sleeves as he's greeted by the bartender.

"Is he a new bartender?" Kate asks you. He's not familiar and you have never seen him before this day.

You don't know if it's the effect of the martini that you drink a while ago which is making you feel like in a slow motion when you look at him. You really don't know anything. All you know is he caught your attention.

After a few seconds, your eyes met. You felt ashamed since he caught you staring at him.

What surprised you is that you saw him walking towards your direction and stopped in front of you.

"Is there something you want to order?" His voice is calm and the way he asks when he smiled at you is very captivating.

"You."

It took you a while to realize what you just blurted out.

All your friends are shocked and so are you. Your eyes widen as you look at him still.

He stares at you for a second, blinking his eyes, processing what you just said. You thought he would look at you like you're a crazy woman, but you're wrong.

 You thought he would look at you like you're a crazy woman, but you're wrong

His lips suddenly grow into a smile. You went confused.

Oh no, he must've thought I am a complete joke. You said to yourself.

Your cheeks went red as you avoid his gaze. You just want to be swallowed by the ground and never come back.

"I'm sorry. I..." It feels so very awkward. You have never been in an awkward situation like this before. Guess, you're never going back to this bar ever again.

You know your friends were about to laugh at and tease you but they decided to remain silent.

"It's alright," he replied. "I'll consider your order."

You immediately look up at him and he's still genuinely smiling at you. His wrinkles are showing but that just made him look more beautiful.

He takes out his phone from his pocket and gives it to you. It took you seconds to accept it and type your number on his phone.

"How about, tomorrow night?" He asks. You are still in a state of shock, your friends are silently squeaking beside you.

You slowly nod, "sounds good." You return his phone to him and he looks at it.

"Okay. I'll call you later, (Y/N)." The way he said your name came out very soft and sweet.

You smile back, giving him your full attention. "It's nice to meet you too."

After that, you exit the bar and you didn't even notice your friends coming out with you because he is on your mind.

"What just happened?" You said.

"You just got yourself a man." They replied. They teased you, but you did not care.

But then you realized that you didn't get to know his name when suddenly someone called on your phone.

It's an unknown ID but you still answered.

"Hi, (Y/N). It's me, the bartender." You recognized his voice.

"Oh hey." You replied, smiling.

"I realized that I forgot to tell you my name." He laughs at the other side of the phone, "my name's Louis."

"Nice to meet you, Louis." You said.

"Nice to meet you too." He says, "by the way, have a safe ride home."

"You too. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow it is." You don't know he's also smiling.

"Alright, see you."

You cannot wait for what is about to come.

•••
This was short but I hope y'all liked it :)