Pretend pt. 2

Your POV

Louis

Where are you?
Sent 7:20pm

Are you coming?
Sent 7:21pm

You're not answering my calls
Sent 7:30pm

(Y/N)?
Why aren't you replying?
Sent 7:31pm

I can't make it tonight,
I forgot I have loads of paperwork.
Sorry
Sent 7:40pm

I sigh as I silent my phone and slip it underneath my pillow where I'm burying my face on. I've been trying to not cry but I did. I didn't know I would be in this situation, my feelings are pretty deep that it hurt as much.

I can't blame him. I mean, he had reminded me  many times and I always knew this was only a deal. I let myself fall in love with him when this was only for show. I never knew I would took his actions seriously, that it would end up breaking my heart. I ended up breaking my own heart.

And what's worse than knowing that she still has feelings for him? Yeah, I know she's still in love with him. That woman's easy to read, I can see it through her. Everytime she sees us together, she shows two emotions. Sadness and jealousy. I'm slowly figuring out just now, I was just in denial about it because I fell for him. But seeing everything, it all made sense.

Louis knows it. I know he does. But I don't know why he's not stopping this... whatever thing we have. I don't know why we're still doing this damn faking. They could be together again now, right? Why is he still putting up with me?

Is it because he already knows about my feelings that he likes teasing me for it? Because the reason's clearly not that he also has feelings for me. Nope, he clearly doesn't, he just clarified it for me.

I love him, but he loves her and she loves him back. What am I then, if you may ask? The fucking loser and a moron at the same time.

And I can't do anything but to cry out the pain I'm feeling in my heart.

_______

Thank goodness it was the weekend so I had time to fix myself and come to school on the next week not looking like a mess. I've never been that thankful to have a school project, knowing it could be my reason to not see Louis in person. However, even if I would do everyting to avoid him as long as I could, I would still see him because we have the same circle of friends.

Monday lunch break, I went straight to the table where they were gathering.

"Hey guys." I greeted them, trying not to look at him.

I can feel him staring deep into my soul. I know he senses something.

Our friends normally made me sit next to him. I had no choice but to do so.

I chatted with them like usual, except I tried not to make it obvious that I'm not and don't want to talk to him.

Break has ended and I went to my next class immediately saying good bye so Louis couldn't catch up with me. Everyone went through the day.

After my classes finished, I hurriedly exited the halls to not bump into my fake boyfriend.

But what happened was the least I expected.