Chapter Two

A long chapter ahead.

She was out for some fresh air near the border, away from all dogs as she called them when she met my father

She was out for some fresh air near the border, away from all dogs as she called them when she met my father. He was a classic shabby teenage boy. She knew he was her second chance mate. They met every night at midnight, careful of the border patrol. But one day, her original mate got drunk. Drunk. He came to her house and almost raped her. The key word in that sentence is almost. My father sensed something was wrong and rushed through the pack to get to her. When he got to her, he saw her attacker body except the head covered in rock. Literally. My mom was petrified, and my dad comforted her until the patrol showed up. They grabbed my dad and started to drag him to the cellars. My mom lost all control. She said that she saw red. By the time she calmed down a crowd had surrounded her. Her family was at the front. What scared her the most is what she saw in front of her. Every guard that was dragging her original mate encased in ice, a ring of fire was around her and her mate. She willed the fire and ice to go away, along with the rock surrounding her pervert ex-mate. The elders were in shocked along with the alpha. According to my mom, her sister was as pale as a ghost.

It didn't take her long to run with her mate. Her true mate. And they let her. She went to college on a full scholarship and soon got a good paying job. During college, she met Victor. He was one of her professors. He saw her use her power one day. He explained what she was and how powerful she is. He told her not to be afraid of her powers, to embrace them. They quickly became friends. Then three months later she was pregnant with me. He explained that the pregnancy would only be around six months. But by the time she was two months in, she looked like she was eight months pregnant. I was born a month later. She said it was the most painful experience she ever had in her life. She squeezed my father's hand so tightly; she broke his hand. But with his werewolf healing ability, it healed in thirty minutes. She then broke it again. She was in labor for five hours. The doctors thought that I wasn't going to be alive. They were wrong of course. I was a perfectly healthy, fully developed baby.

But I wasn't like my mother. When I was two, strange things were happening. Freak fires, freak floods, etcetera. The most common one was water though. Anytime I was near water it always bent to my will. Six months later, I mastered my powers. I was shaping up to be even more potent than my mom. That was when Victor turned dark.

One night he broke into the house and went to my room. He didn't expect me to wake up suddenly. He discovered how powerful I am. I screamed and burned Victor's face. Well according to my mom. My mom and dad heard me cry and panicked. My father went crazy papa wolf when he saw Victor in his house uninvited near his pup. My mom rushed to my side and calmed me down. Meanwhile, my dad's wolf was having a go with Victor. By the time my mom calmed him down Victor was a bloody mess.

From there we moved to England. Away from Victor. It took him fourteen years for him to find us. But he was waiting for the perfect moment to strike. He learned his lesson, so he remained. A patient man gets the most significant gain. And he did. I came home to my father tied up and Victor waiting. He had help. It took fourteen men to hold me down. And with me being defenseless, he had his fun.

He tortured my dad slowly, painfully. However, I don't remember hearing my dad scream or even whimper. He didn't beg for death he fought every minute trying to get me safe and out of harm's way. Victor, getting frustrated with the lack of sounds from my dad, finally stopped. He took a knife and stabbed my dad in the heart. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. Victor might have killed my father, but not after he lost every single man that he brought. My mother came home soon after Victor left. She saw me clinging for dear life to my father. He was struggling to breathe; no amount of healing would help. We heard the sirens in the background, but we all knew they would be too late. My father got to kiss and my mother before leaving. My mother was to hysteric to talk to the police, so they set their prying claws on

I was only sixteen, naive even. I trusted them, so I told them everything. They went after Victor but stopped when he left the country. After that, I didn't trust anyone except my mom and Eden. A lesson I still carry with me.