Chapter Thirty-two

Eric was once again bothering me. He wouldn't let me leave his side, and anytime I got up he growled at me. I was right about him not letting me out of his sight, but I deserved it and didn't complain about it, even though I wanted too.

As soon as we got to the pack house, he shifted and demanded me to explain. He had anger in his eyes, but I knew that he wasn't mad, he was sad. He was sad because he thought that I was going to leave him and he can't handle any more loss.

"I was never going to leave you. I knew you would find me," I said.

"Yes, but you could have told me about this," it came out harsher then he planned too, but right now he didn't care, his mate tried to leave him.

"I had a plan, and I wouldn't have gone out there without one. And before you say anything, I did leave you a note, and I sent vibrations for Vanessa," I didn't falter once, even though practically the whole pack was watching.

"A note, you left me a note," he was laughing now, but it wasn't filled with humor. "You should have told me in person."

"Do you honestly think your wolf would have allowed me to do this. You're already overprotective as it is, you wouldn't have let me do this."

"And for a good reason!"

"This was our one chance to get answers without sending men to do my bidding."

"This isn't just about you. You are not just some powerful thing anymore, and you're my mate and their luna."

"Yes and sometimes a luna must go behind her alpha's back," I sighed before I continued. "Eric, everything I do is for a reason. There is a reason why I do things. I think before I act. I had this all planned out, I knew of the risks, and I had a back up planned. I promised that I wouldn't leave you, and I wasn't. You have to trust."

"What if I didn't reach you, what if I didn't find you," he shouted.

"You would have found me. And you're forgetting, I'm powerful, and I do know how to fight."

"You know sometimes you annoy me," he mumbled.

"You do too. Every day in fact," I said.

"So are you going to kiss and makeup or what," Julia said.

"You just had to ruin the moment didn't you," Grace replied causing all of us to laugh.

Eric cupped my face and shook his head.

"I hope you're aware," he whispered. "You are not leaving my sight."

"I figured."

Sadly, Eric has kept to that. It's been a week since that incident, and I'm still being dragged around after school. But I must say, it is a great way to do my homework. No one bothers me, and if I need someone to help edit my paper, I have a handy-dandy alpha. And Eric kept his eye on me, and if he wanted to annoy me, he would make me come up to his desk for no apparent reason. 

Sometimes Edan would come in here too along with Oliver. But other than that, no one came and interrupted.

"Elena," Eric said. 

"What," I replied still reading my book.

"How would you like to meet the vampire king?"