Chapter Thirty-nine

All day, Eric and the rest of the gang were torturing me. They wouldn't let me leave, specifically Eric. The big dork was not only keeping me at his side, but he also denies me my books. He has forced me to sit on a couch and watch tv, and all I want to do is go home and read Heros of Olympus liked I planned. But alas, Julia jumps on me whenever I try to get if Eric leaves to get more snacks. Friendship, it's such a beautiful thing.

But the thing is, I don't even like whats on, it's baseball, and I hate watching sports of any kind. But the boys and Edan will not change it. And no I am stuck with a big ball of skin fur being a toad and 'punishing' me for not telling him that it's my birthday. Eric, you got to love him, but you got to hate him. 

Oliver is quite happy that his mate is 'one of the guys' as he puts it. He has recently discovered that Edan is not afraid of yelling at the tv because a ball was easy to catch. He now is looking at her through a new light, and it is sickening. And then Julia, well she is Julia. On the outside, she is a shy little potato as she puts it. But on the inside, she is still a shy small potato but with fire in her veins.

She won't jump on me if Eric is nearby afraid that he'll get mad. No matter how crazy she is, she still is an omega. But I love her just the same. You can't help but do. And I am proud to say, that Grace and I have helped her break out of her shell a little, it's baby steps, but steps are steps.

And then there's Grace. She is somehow managing to watch the game with Kai, and I think that he's the only reason why she lasted this long. But I know that if Grace leaves, he leaves. They're so cute together. Whenever there's whipped cream, Kai daps it on her nose cause her to wipe it on his face. It's adorable, but sadly, Julia follows suit, but instead, she pours half the tube on us.  

And it's the small things that make me forget about Victor, about my life. They have pushed me back to regular life. And I can't express my gratitude for that. The small walk that we took towards my house at night made me forget about Victor. He hasn't consumed my dreams for weeks now, thanks to him.

But peace is such a fragile thing, and if you put enough pressure on it, it shatters. My little peace broke when we saw rouges running from my house. My little peace shattered when I ran towards my house. My peace shattered when I saw my aunt lying in a pool of blood on the kitchen floor. And I knew that it would never come back.

Don't worry about it Jojo. I have plans for you.