Chapter Thirty-seven

This chapter will most likely be my last update until I go on break from school. I'm so sorry, I'll try to update on the weekends, but I still have to do homework so it'll be difficult to update.

Eric's Pov

She thought that she could outsleep me, that's adorable. My wolf was not going to allow that, so every hour, he inched a little closer. By, two o'clock, we were nuzzled against her. And in her sleep, she closer to us as well, but she will never admit that.

And, it was perfect, that one moment was incredible. Elena didn't have nightmares, and she had a good night sleep, something she doesn't get very often. I wished we could have more moments like that, but her thoughts get in the way. Elena has a problem with overthinking things, and she can't help it when her mind wander to Victor. 

But my mate also has a bad habit over hiding her emotions. I know she isn't a robot, she does cry, she just doesn't let anyone know about it. And I wish she feels comfortable enough to show her weak and damage side to me. I know she has one. We all have one. But by showing us our weak side, we are putting a tremendous amount of trust in that person, and we are making ourself venerable to any attacks. And that is not an option for my Little Fawn.

She can't put herself out there, and she can't be an ordinary girl because she always had a crazy psychopath trying to hunt her down. And because of that, she has learned how to hide her emotions, and she has taught herself to be an emotionless android. But by doing so, she has cut off any contact to the sane world. But I'm determined to build a bridge for her.

I'm determined to make her come to the ordinary side, to show her the part of the world that has nothing but hope. And you can call it naive, but that world does exist. It's the part of the world where kids have the freedom to go to any park and play with other kids. It's the world where every child comes home and gets a warm meal every day. Instead of the life Elena has known, where she has to walk a fine line between both worlds, dark and light.

And I want to show her that, because unlike her after my parents died, I had someone to help me see all the right things still in life. I had Kai's mother, Karen, and the rest of the pack like Mr. Brunner. She didn't have all that, so I'm going to be all of that for her now. And I don't care if it destroys me in the process. I don't care. It'll be worth it. 

But I also know that Elena would blame herself for it, she does that every time. She makes a great luna. And the rest of the pack agrees, she doesn't notice it, but everyone slightly bows their head to her. No one talks about her behind her, and everyone respects her. And they as well as me, will gladly end their lives for her. And they wouldn't even hesitate about it.