Chapter Thirty-five

Eric's Pov

I knew something wasn't right, all afternoon my wolf was pacing around and growling at me whenever I tried to talk to him. But my worst fears came true when Vanessa along with Edan came sprinting up to the training grounds. Their faces showed it all. Elena.

My wolf didn't even give me a warning before he shoved me out of the way and shifted. Oliver and Kai were smart enough to follow suit. And we ran, faster than I ever ran before. And when we got there, Elena's aunt was crying on the steps. Once she saw me, she shoved one of Elena's shirt in my face. I didn't care about the disrespect she just showed, my mate was in danger.

I let her scent consume me and allowed my wolf to do the talking. It only took him one try to find her path. They tried to mask her smell but forgot to mask their scent, and my little fawn put up a fight. And once I saw them, they would see how much of a battle that I could put up. Victor just made his biggest mistake. And I will make him pay. 

I didn't even realize when my soldiers joined me, but I saw more and more wolves start running as well. Oliver or Kai must have sent the message. And just like me, my wolves wanted blood. They loved their luna and will die for her. You don't just kidnap a luna without the pack wanting blood. Especially the royal luna.

And that is something that Elena's kidnappers didn't take into consideration. Once we surrounded them, and they saw how many there were of us. They surrendered, we didn't even have to lift a paw. But still blood had to be spilled, so my pack pounced anyway. And I watched, sitting in the background while my pack sought our justice their way. I smirked internally.

But my wolf wasn't going to sit around, and he had to find his mate and bring her home. And he searched, but the kidnappers did their job well. He couldn't find her scent, no matter how hard he sniffed, he couldn't find it, so he had to use his other senses. But even then, he couldn't find her, and he wouldn't let me shift.

And soon, my other pack members started searching, but their wines proved that she had no scent. My wolf was getting anxious thinking that somehow, she died that's why we can't hear he breathing. And I couldn't calm her down and eventually, he blocked me out so I couldn't even talk to him. But somehow, he heard leaves rustle in the background and a light moan. He pounced. And his instincts were right. She got buried in a pile of dead leaves behind a tree.

His whine told everyone that he found their luna. They answered with howls. And all of that noise caused her to wake up. And my wolf discovered how hard her punch is. But once she realized it was me, she broke into a smile and shook her head at us.

"I'm okay now. You can shift."

But my wolf wasn't happy, and he wanted to make sure that she was safe. And he found me incapable of doing that, so he wouldn't let me shift.