Chapter Forty- five

Yo, anyone up for making me a new cover. Not that I don't like yours whoever made (I totally didn't forget your name sorry) it is beautiful, but it needs to be changed so we can keep it fresh. That also includes the book cover for the plague as well. By the way, check out that book please, so far it's coming along but still. Also, I think we are up to the last five chapters of the story. After that, it's only the Plague and soon to be a new story. I'm going to miss this. I will have to edit though, a lot. Enjoy my music by the way. Any Alan Walker fans comment below.

Julia came to me of all people to cry. I was glad that she turned to me, but I've already had enough shoulder crying to last me a lifetime, a life that will soon end. 

In some ways, I was happy that Julia would be the new luna. I knew she could do it. She was stronger than she thought. I wasn't pleased with her mate. I wanted to bash his head in a table at the way he treated my friend. But, I knew that would only cause Julia guilt after she died laughing of course. That fact caused me to hold back my urges. It was one of the hardest things I ever had to do in my life. 

Instead, I took Julia up to my room where she just cried and whimpered without her jerk of a mate interrupting. It was nice until Grace decided to switch roles with Julia and make her presence known annoyingly. Friendship at it's finest. 

Eric was hopefully having a long discussion with his cousin about the proper way of talking to his mate. But if that didn't work, I would bash his head on a table to make him get a clear picture of what my friends mean to me. I can playfully talk bad and harsh to my friend, but if someone else does it especially someone who is supposed to love does it, I will personally see to it that their brain can be seen by everyone. Because that is what friends are supposed to do, bash a boys head in when they break their heart, I know Julia would do the same for me. 

But, even though he is difficult in realizing that having an omega as a mate isn't as bad as it seems, I know he will be a great alpha. Eric wouldn't have appointed the throne to him if he wasn't. I need faith, even though hope is hard to have when you know you're going to die. 

I didn't get too much thought about that though. I heard Julia snoring. At least she's sleeping. Hopefully, her mate will have the decency to stay out of her dreams. One could only hope. 

I let her sleep, and I had other plans that needed to be attended. I walked straight into Eric's office without knocking since he kept me up howling for half of the school semester. And I knew he didn't mind, and I'm not a monster if he asked me to knock, I would knock simple as that. There were things that we just did. 

"Yo," I said walking to his desk. "What are the plans?"

"What do you want to do. I mean we both know we're going to die," Eric responded looking up at me. 

"Do you think that your soldiers could take Victor," I asked. 

"Without a doubt," he said grabbing my hand. 

"Do you think that we should hold off," I asked. I wanted him to have a say in this. He was dying too. 

Before he could respond, I heard Oliver yelling something at Edan.

"And finally get away from these mutts. I think that we should battle tomorrow. His soldiers are outside the borders," he was trying to drag me into his lap.

"What do you mean his soldiers are outside the borders," I asked locking my knees so he couldn't move me. 

"Victor's men have been out there for a while. I was about to send my scots to get rid of them, but because of the predicaments I decided against it," Eric said. I finally gave in an let him pull me into his lap. The wolf was relentless. 

"Do you have any more requests," I asked. "And how many wolfs do you think will die."

"Honestly, none. Especially if we tell them that we are going to die," Eric now decided to rest his nose in my neck. 

"Do you think that we should do that," I mumbled. 

"Tell them that we're not going to make it. Yes, I do. It will give them something to fight for, and when it does happen, they won't be surprised and go on a rampage. They will also not feel guilty about it," it came out unclear since his mouth was in my neck but I still got the message. 

"Well then, prepare your boys. We're off to war," I said pulling away from him. 

I did something that surprised the both of us. I leaned in and kissed him. He responded immediately, that greedy wolf. 

Eric called the soldiers down and gave them the news. And I pulled the short end of the stick and told our friends that we're dying. It was fantastic. I enjoyed Grace sobbing. And then Eric came in and told us that the soldiers only shifted and howled. I hate him sometimes.

But he was right. The soldiers fought with more passion now. And I didn't want to look a Grace. She was a beast when she's mad, and I feel bad for the rouges. They don't stand a chance. Oliver also found out just how hard Edan can hit, by the time that we were down he had multiple bruises. They all healed quickly, but it counted in girl power points.

Eric also found out that I can defend myself. I didn't leave any bruises because I knew I would feel too guilty, but I punched him hard enough to get the message. The big oaf would not give up, and I caved once again and fought him. I won of course.

And then there was Julia. Her mate got all possessive and wanted her to fight him of all people. I had to interpret multiple times to make him back off of her. He was yelling at her whenever she did anything wrong. She tried her hardest, but she was only an omega and was fighting an alpha. But she wasn't as weak as I thought she was. I will give her that. Her mate is just a jerk.

The soldiers decided that we would have one last meal as a mate under our rule. I had to fight to keep the tears at bay. Julia's mate once again pulled a possessive card and made her sit next to him. I knew he would eventually fall for her it would just take some time. He has been showing signs of tenderness.

He checked on her after dinner to make sure he didn't do severe damage. They were cute together. They didn't realize it yet. It felt nice to relax. I haven't done this in a long time. I was hoping that it could always be this way. Eric and I might be losing our lives, but we were also missing the responsibilities. And for once I wouldn't have to look behind my shoulder. No words could describe my joy.

But I forgot about Victor. And Victor has a habit of showing up right when I ignore him and feel safe. I learned my lesson too late. The sirens went off while we were eating. Victor got our message and judging by the snarls coming outside the rogues were not happy with the words we said.

The soldiers rushed outside and without even thinking twice shifted into their wolves. The children were rushed into the bunker where it was safe. Eric was right the rogues didn't stand a chance. It looked like the battle has started. And we were going take our last our breath, and I couldn't be happier.