Chapter Eighteen

It was unusually quiet. It looks like Victor went back into the shadows. And he doesn't plan on coming out for a while, but he remains to have a tight grip on us. Tension is in the air, and there is more border patrol. Everyone is scared. But Eric has found other things to do than sit around afraid. And those things include bothering me.

Eric is even more of a pest by stopping by at the house more often and trying to drop me off at my home after school. I've ignored him of course, but he's persistent. And I'm starting to believe that he's just doing this to see me and make sureI'm safe. But I'm discovering how much charm the male has. I see him playing with the little kids sometimes after training. Which he also wants me to start, and he isn't the only one. Oliver is also insisting that I learn how to fight. The two or more punches didn't teach him enough.

And Edan is having the same problem as I am. And she has made it her mission to complain about it at lunch, ever since it started. But, she doesn't have a wolf howling outside her window and an aunt that says it'll stop when it doesn't for two more hours. They really do think that they're charming. They are despicable.

And he has somehow got a hold of my phone number so he texts me all throughout the day, which is almost as annoying as the howling. And the more I annoy him, the more he appears. Grace finds it all amusing and laughs whenever Edan complains. Julia just sits there looking like an idiot that she is. No surprise there. 

I'm still distance and never really tell them how I'm feeling. And I never cry out in public, nor do I cry where people can hear me. And I think it bothers Julia and Grace. They know I'm not alright and I may never be. But I hide my emotions too well for my good. And I know Eric isn't happy with me hiding my feelings as well, but he knows better than to accuse me of such things. And he still hasn't asked me out again, out of all the things he's done to annoy me, he hasn't asked me out again. Strange. 

And here I am walking towards home with an alpha following me in his car, which thankfully isn't sporty. And he won't give up. I have discovered recently, that charm, and flawless complections don't make a good mix. Because he is incredibly hard to ignore. Like I predicted, I would eventually fall for him. It is inevitable, but that doesn't mean that I won't make him suffer. 

However, luck was not on my side today, since my aunt was home from work, whatever she does, and let the devil stay. And like an obedient dog, he followed me to my room. Where there was another obstacle thrown my way. A package, laying perfectly on my bed. But my instincts told me it wasn't from my aunt. 

I slowly walked to my bed while Eric followed close behind. He kept sniffing the room like he was trying to find a scent, but there nothing was out of the normal. I was glad that Eric was right behind me. When I opened the box, my knees buckled, and I fell to the floor. Eric caught me snarling because he too saw what was inside there. 

A head. There was a human head in the box. Wrapped like a present, you would find under the Christmas tree. But there was a note spiked into the forehead. A letter that read 'You caused this.' But that wasn't what made me scream and break down, no it was the person the head belonged too. One of my mentors when I was a kid. The person that helped me learn how to fight, the same person who guarded my mother until she had to leave. The head was Edan's mom.