Chapter Nineteen

Edan got called last. I didn't know how to tell her without breaking down, so Eric had to make the call. I knew what would happen when she saw her mother died, and I went through the same thing. I knew she would lose all control she had over her power and she might blow up the house. And her mate would have to calm her down. 

I was thankful Eric followed me, though he was screaming on the phone. And Oliver when he showed, wasn't the same. This time, he wasn't the loving idiot but instead he was the beta of the royal pack. And he acted once he was filled in. Then Kai came along with Grace. Grace came over to me to make sure I was okay, this time I answered truthfully. 

"No."

But I still didn't cry, I never would. And somehow, Eric knew that, because he didn't try to confront me. He continues to talk on the phone while looking at me. It was perfect; he knew that I didn't need anyone to ask stupid questions. Of course, I'm not okay, but I will be fine. I'm just waiting for Edan to get here. 

And Edan did come, looking like a warrior about to go into battle. She thought I was in danger or something happened to me. She was ignorant of what awaited her in my room. And it's sad, watching her step in my room me following in pursuit.

"I'm sorry," I said. And I was, I didn't want Edan to see the evil in the world as I did. But it wasn't fair of me to keep this from her. So I showed her. Like Pandora, I opened the book to pure evil. It took her two seconds to figure out what happened. And she broke down. 

The screaming was the worst. Edan kept repeating the same word, 'no.' I wanted to cover my ears, but she needed me. And so I stayed hugging her, not a single tear running down my face. But my tear ducts hurt and burned with holding them back. But I couldn't do anything when she lost control. 

Her eyes turned to white, and she started shaking uncontrollably. Things around my room suddenly set on fire. I drowned them with water, but soon it wouldn't matter. Her anger, her pain overruled her reasoning. 

"Come on Edan; we have to get you out of here. Come on," I tried pulling her, but she was not going to move. And So I did the most logical thing a person would do in this situation, I threw one of my best friends out the window. And then I jumped as well. 

"Oliver come here," I ordered.

"Whats going on with her.  What's happening," Oliver asked frantically.

"She's lost all control over her power, you need to calm her down before she sets the whole place on fire," I said.

"How do I calm her down," he said.

"Touch this area but do not press on it," I said lifting her shirt so back would be exposed. Right, where here spinal cord would be was a beautiful phoenix tattoo if you want to call it. It was the symbol of our power, and if you press on it too hard, you'll discover how powerful an elemental can be. But if you lose control, this is how we calm you down. But only someone who loves you dearly can do it. 

And as soon as his palm touched it, she calmed down. Slowly her eyes turned back to normal, and flames weren't covering her hands. And soon silence fell in. Oliver took his hand away from her symbol. I got up and went over to Eric. And this time, I let him wrap his arms around me.

WE HAVE CLOSE TO FIVE THOUSAND READERS! Yesssssss! Thank you. a_sarcastic_bookworm