Chapter Nine

WE JUST GOT A HUNDRED READS! I am so excited and so happy. I really want to cry but I don't want my mother to wonder why so. Thank you. p.s- The girl on top is Grace but with green eyes and no freckles. a_sarcastic_bookworm. 

I now have a shadow in my life. And her name is Julia. After that school day, she's dragged me to that table where we talk. I couldn't help but admire her. She lived in her own little bubble where the world has endless peace. I wish I could be able to have that.

I already know Victor is planning something big. He has to get into the royal pack. And he is a patient man, so he has no problem waiting. It's unnerving. You always have to watch your back and sleep with one eye open. It slowly wears you and thus making you an easy target. 

And I have to play a part to keep people from sniffing. I have to be a girl who is sad only because her mother is died along with her dad. I have to fake a smile almost every day. But all the while I'm planning, strategizing. 

Victor has to attack the pack to get in the pack. He can't just live here, in fact, he can't even come near here, thanks to me. So he would have to attack with either hunters or rouges. But it's unlikely he would choose hunters because even hunters are afraid of the Lycans in this pack. So his other option is rouges. But again, he's waiting, and he doesn't want all of this to be suspicious. As soon as the girl comes, a bunch of wild dogs attacks. No, sadly, he's smarter than that. 

So while I'm wasting away in here, Victors is doing what villains of the storybooks do, plan. And so I have nothing better to do with my life but to walk to the nearest bookstore on a Saturday. Great. I have no life.

"Excuse me little one, but I don't think we have had the proper chance to meet," a deep male's voice said. "Your dork of a cousin is my beta."

I turned to see those striking eyes of my mate. I was starting to wonder when he'd show up. 

"Alpha," I said bowing my head. 

"It's Eric to you. I'm assuming that you knew that Oliver was lying when he said you weren't my mate," he concluded. 

"It's bad to assume Eric. And yes I knew he was lying. I'm not an idiot," I said rolling my eyes. I started to walk in hopes that he would get the message. Apparently not since he started walking with me.

"So where were you headed," he tried to start a conversation.

I couldn't help a sigh pass my lips. "To the bookstore, I need something to do with my life."

"You could always accept me as your mate and then become luna," he started. Oh no. I am not going to be a trophy wife. 

"If you thought I would be another one of those girls that would fall for looks and money than you're wrong. You have to earn my trust then you have to earn my love," I explained. "So if that was your only reason why you finally talk to me you might as well leave." 

"It's bad to assume mate. Trust me. I know you're not going to be one of those girls who fall for my wealth and looks. By the way, it's good to know that my mate thinks I look good. But you're too strong, after all, you are my mate. And if you want me to prove myself then let me take you out."

He had a stupid goofy grin on his face after he said that. How could I say no to that? "Fine. Next Saturday. But until then," I turned to him. "You will not bother nor talk to me."

"Deal."

"Oh and by the way, I think Zac Effron looks so much better than you," I said walking away. I heard a possessive growl, but he also knew better than to drop his promise. Like I said before- let the games begin.

So. I'm really getting nervous that I'm dragging this 'I have to push everyone away' crap so let me know if you're getting bored of it and I will try to edit with that. I plan on bringing another character in from her past (a good guy), but I don't know how so again comment, please. I'm so freaking happy that we got a hundred!!!! a_sarcastic_bookworm