Chapter Eleven

Edan. She was my best friend since kindergarten, but sadly, she had to leave. After Victor, my mom discovered that she there were other people like her. Edan's mom is one of them along with Edan herself.

We became friends when I told her advice about how she can control her powers. She got so mad at me, but the very next day, she came to me and apologized and told me that it worked. We were friends since.

Edan's mom introduced the council to my mother. They were astonished about how powerful she is. However, they were floored by my capability. So they protected us from Victor thinking that they could take him. They were wrong of course. 

Edan's mom was a guard for the council, but they assigned her to protect us, my dad was still alive at the time. But in seventh grade, Victor showed his true powers by killing a counselor. Edan's mom was sent back, leaving us vulnerable.  

And thus our friendship was put to a halt. We kept in contact but slowly, we stopped. But now here she is. In front of me, smirking at me. But I knew she didn't feel confident. I knew her better than that. We were best friends. She was nervous. 

"So are you going to ask how I've been or are you going to keep staring at me," she said.

"I could say the same thing to you- you've not so flimsy," I replied.   

"And you've gotten more powerful," she said. "I tried to follow you before, but your barrier is too strong. So I had to come here."

"I'm assuming that you followed your mother's path of becoming a guard."

"Yep just finished my training. Your blonde hair friend is interesting. How many stores did she drag you too?"

"Nine total. She's now dragging my other friend."

"Ah yes, the goofball. She reminds me of Vanessa." Vanessa, another friend of ours who also happens to be Victor's niece.

We just stared at each other. No more no less. We didn't say anything nor wanted too. However, we both made a silent agreement to start walking out of the store. We sat on a bench and just stared out in space. 

"I heard you have an alpha king glued to your side. You poor, poor girl," Edan was the one to break the silence. "Someone who pushes people away that must be awful. I can't wait to see your date."

"He hasn't bothered me because if he does he loses his date," I explained.

"Oh you didn't, that must be killing him."

"Edan there you are. My mate is about to pick me us up. Who's this," Grace came up with a sulking Julia.

"Grace meet Edan. She was my best friend until she moved," I introduced them.

"Hello. This dipstick over here is Julia," Grace introduced. "So you're a friend of Elena. I didn't think she had friends."

"Gee thanks," I mumbled. 

"Oh come on El, we both know she's right," Edan interrupted. "And yeah, our moms were friends as well. I came as soon as I heard the news." The last part was said directly to me. She was silently saying her condolences. I liked that about her, she didn't directly state what she meant, but she got the message across. 

"It's fine," I meant to say I'm used to it, but I didn't exactly trust Grace and Julia. If I'm honest, I don't even trust Edan. She came soon after my mother's death. You never know when someone will surprise you. My mother learned that lesson and paid the price for it. I won't make that same mistake. 

WE JUST GOT FOUR HUNDRED READS! YESSSSSSSSS! I'm excited if you couldn't tell. Well, I have to go to bed so... peace and love peace and love. Please continue to comment. :) a_sarcastic_bookworm