Chapter Seven

Pretty boring chapter sorry. Didn't want to get right into the romance. Again sorry, next chapter will be more eventful and will have a time skip. -a_sarcastic_bookworm. 

Oliver kept his promise surprisingly. He didn't even look at me in fact, thank goodness. The whole ride there I just looked out the window and pretended not to notice someone staring at me.

All throughout the ride, I knew someone was staring at me. And that someone is the king. At one point I looked at the rearview mirror at met his gaze. I pulled away after he smirked. I hate it when guys do that. It's cocky and just stupid. After that, my suspicions were confirmed. I have a mate.

Great. Just great.

Another person that Victor can harm. But now it wouldn't just affect me, it'll affect a whole race. A kingdom can't run without a king. It doesn't matter if Oliver could take the throne next, it wouldn't be the same. It would take years before it would be sane again. And Victor wouldn't stop there, he never did.

Vulnerability. That's one of Victor's strengths. He could make even the cockiest people feel vulnerable. He was like a snake. He struck and injected his venom and then waited. And once his prey was weak, he went for the throat. And vulnerability might as well be poison.

And I'm a perfect victim. I'm alone in a strange territory. Everyone I'm close to is away. Leaving me exposed. I've set myself for failure. I've screwed myself and I didn't even need Victor's help. I did it myself.

But then my mother's warning suddenly reappeared. Reminding me of everything once again. Her warning about someone who'll try to break my walls. Her advice to let them through. But a mate is different. I know he won't try to push it, no, he'll let it go until I feel ready to tell him. And then against everything rational, I'll tell him. And then he'll take over.

Because he's a dominant male. He'll want to protect his mate even if it causes his death. And he won't even think twice about it. It's the classic male. Willing to kill themselves though, through the process, it kills us females. And I hate the fact that I know I will fall for him. It's inevitable.

And he'll try to protect me. And I'll try to run making it a cat and mouse game; leaving me breathless in so many ways. He'll make me feel so many emotions at once. But, he'll also comfort me, he won't let me do this alone.

But being alone means that no one will die because of me. No one has to lose a loved one because a crazy psychopath wants more power than he can handle. Being alone means, you don't have to tear down the walls that you built. Being alone means, you can cry in the shower all you want without people interrupting.

I like being alone. But my mother warned me to break from my shell. And I know he will. He will break through and get a clear image of what a broken, scared little girl I truly am. How I'm not strong at all. How I'm scared for the dear life of what will come next. And once those walls are broken for him, they're broken for everyone. Including Victor.

And I can't run because he'll chase me. And he'll find me. But if I can't run, I'll give him a run for his money. I'll try to push him away just to get a reaction out of him. I'll keep my walls up as long as possible. I'll try to push him away. But he's the alpha king. He won't let me go, it's in his nature to keep his female by his side. But it's in my nature to push everyone away.

We're complete opposites. But we were made for each other and thus end up together. I can't leave him, and I don't want to leave him. I'm tired of letting a man control my life. It's even more irritating when you can't see the guy. I want to love someone without them dying. I'm tired of running. I might like being alone but being alone and running are two different things that overlap.

Being alone is when you do have a choice and prefer not talking to humans because humans are weird, rude, and dumb. Running is when you sometimes have a choice, you can stay and get killed or run and move. Most people chose the living option. Running is when you constantly look behind your shoulders and not living. I want to live and breathe without Victor.

So, I might like being alone, but I hate running. I'm not going to run. I can't not with this wolf near me. So, we're going to clash. But opposites attract. And I'm going to enjoy the show like others. I'm ready to face the smirksh, to handsome for his good wolf. I hope he is ready for someone who controls elements.

Let the games begin.