Chapter Twenty-seven

Vanessa's face haunted my dreams. In fact, every one of Victor's victims made sleep impossible. And I couldn't do anything about it, and I didn't take any pills because no one knew about my restlessness. But I now have an annoying alpha sleeping near me, and I'm pretty sure he didn't get any sleep either. I wouldn't be surprised, I kept twisting and turning, and I might have kicked. I haven't had nightmares this badly since my father's death. 

I remembered waking up in tears and my mother rushing into my room, how she would stay up all night to make sure that I wasn't alone if I had another nightmare. I remembered my mother begging me to take a sedative so I can sleep through the night and how one night, she slipped it into my tea. That was the first night ever since the incident where I got a sufficient amount of sleep. I thanked my mother in the morning.

But this time, my mother wasn't there to slip sedatives into my drinks, so I had to deal with the nightmares. I hopped out of bed when I noticed it was five o'clock only to be dragged back down by my persistent alpha. And the said alpha dared to lay on top of me. 

"Get off of me," it came out muffled. There wasn't even a centimeter of space separating my face and Eric's chest.

"I thought you said you wouldn't go to school if I didn't do anything. I didn't do anything, so you have to keep your end of the deal," there was still sleep in Eric's voice, but it was mostly determination. 

"I wasn't going to school," you could tell it was a lie, my voice always gets a little deeper when I lie.

"I'm close enough to you that I can hear your heartbeat, I know your lying," he yawned and nuzzled his head into my neck. Wolves and their obsession with their mate's neck.

"Can you at least move a little, so you're not crushing me," I said frustrated.

"Nope," he replied popping the 'p.' Still so stubborn, the poor boy never learns. Well if a dog misbehaves, you spray him with water, and that is precisely what I did. Maybe then he will learn to never mess with me.

"That was very naughty of you Little Fawn. I should punish you, but luckily, I'm too lazy to do so," he lifted himself, so he was hovering over me and then shook his head, so the water now sprayed on me. Then, he went back to his original position on me. Stupid alphas. 

"Can you please get off of me," I now said sweetly.

"Nope."

"Please," this was embarrassing, and I could tell that he enjoyed this very much.

"Nope."

"I'll spay you with water again," I warned like that would scare him.

"And I'll just do the same thing again," this time he had the decency to look at me.

"What if I told you I wanted to see Vanessa," I told him.

"I would tell you to wait and get some sleep, both know you didn't get any last night," with that, he went back into my nack. He didn't do anything, just breathed in my scent, most likely marking his scent on me because you know, we can't let our mates have a life.

"But-"

"Shhhh. You need to learn how to be quiet, and you can't stop talking," he interrupted.

"Says the guy that howls outside my window."

"I rest my case."

"You insufferable little dog," that got his attention, he popped his head up and growled at me. But that was all the time I needed. I grabbed a pillow and hit him with it as hard as I could. I then ran to the bathroom and locked the door.

"Well played Little Fawn, well played," he said outside of the door. "I can't wait to see you in just a towel."

And that was how I got deflated. I forgot about that, I would cuss me out, but I don't cuss.

"Don't worry, and I'm not that cruel. Clothes will be outside the door," Eric said, I then heard the door open and closed. That was my cue. 

I turned on the water to high and stripped. And when the water was burning my skin so much that it turned numb, I cried. The dam finally bursts, and there was no stopping it. And my tradition held true; my lifestyle was just the way I liked it. Alone.

Hello, sorry this came out so late. I'm going to be moving soon so wish me luck.