Chapter Twenty-one

Eric has trapped me in his office and won't let me leave. But he did keep his promise about the books. So I didn't complain. Instead, I went and read 'The Deathly Hollows' because I love to torture my soul. Because of this, I'm sitting on a couch, trying to keep my tears at bay. 

"What are you doing," Eric finally asked.

"Don't judge me, I'm reading 'The Prince's Tale,'" I snapped.

"So, you trapped your mate as well," Oliver said entering the room. 

"Yep. I had to bribe Elena with books," Eric said continuing to type.

"Dam-."

"No cussing in this household," a woman's voice interrupted him.

"Yeah," I supported.

"Sorry. Dang it I should have thought of that," Oliver corrected. "Edan kicked me the whole time. I will have bruises for hours. And, how does that woman know." 

"I have no idea," Eric said. "And don't fool yourself, she made that trip painful as well."

"Yeah to your pride," I mumbled.

"I heard that," Eric said.

I smiled sweetly and said,"you were supposed to."

"I had to pinch her," Eric continued.

"Nah, Edan would have kicked harder," Oliver said.

"I can see that," I stated.

"That's because I would," Edan said gracing our presence with her. She had Julia and Grace behind her. Uh oh. 

"We're stealing your mate," she said. Yep, something is going to happen. 

"Grace wants to go to the mall," Julia said. She kept her head down the whole time. But I noticed how tense Julia was like she was expecting a hit. She didn't like being close to influential people.

"How are you Kai's mate," Oliver asked.

"How are you the beta," Grace countered back. 

"Ouch," everyone in the room said.

"So let me get this straight. You want to still my mate to walk around aimlessly around a place with windows," Eric said. "Have you meet Elena."

"Hey," I shouted even though it was true.

"That's what I told her," Elena said dipping her head back to Grace.

"It'll be good exercise," Grace tried to persuade us. The keyword is tried.

"You know if you're that desperate for exercise than you could always go to training," Eric taunted.

"Please we would be able to fight you with our eyes closed," Edan said. 

"Edan, shut up," I sang. 

"Yeah Edan, shut up," Julia mumbled.

"Want a bet," Oliver said.

"Yeah, actually, I do," Edan said. "You bring your best warrior, and we'll bring ours. We will have ours blindfolded, and if they beat your warrior, you will leave us alone for two weeks."

"Deal, and if we beat your warrior which will most likely be you," Oliver said nodding his head towards Edan. "You will have to stay with us for two weeks."

"Grace and Julia, you don't apply to this," Eric said. "And I have to admit; this will be fun."

"So let it be a deal," Edan said.

"What, I'm not the one who planned this," I said

"Yes but you are the only one who can see through a blindfold," Edan explained.

"I hate you."

"Just get ready."

And I did. Because I was a good friend, and I wanted to show to Eric and the boys that I can already fight. And it would be fun. So I put on a pair of yoga pants and a tank top. But I left the shows. I won't be needing them. And I headed out to the field. Eric and Oliver were already there along with Kai. 

"Wait, you're the one who is going to be fighting," Oliver asked.

"Yes," I sighed.

"Now I feel bad. You were going to fight Kai," he said.

"Hello again," Kai said.

"It'll be fine, Elean can take him," Edan assured.

"Why aren't you wearing shoes," Kai asked.

"They weigh me down," I said. Oh if only they knew. 

"Okay, get the blindfold," Eric said. He had it in a mere second. He went around me to tie it around me. I felt his fingertips brush my hair causing me to tense.

"It'll be okay if you fail," he assured. "Kai has been fighting a long time."

"I'll see you in two weeks," I said.

"Fighters, get ready," Oliver ordered. "Ready, set, fight."