Chapter Forty-six

They say that adrenaline will calm you in a time of panic. I found that to be true, I was at peace, and it was unnerving. The battle that I've been waiting for is happening, and in the end, I'm not going to wake up in the morning. And true as that might be, I'm determined to drag Victor down with me. I will not let him escape the justice that he deserves. He killed my father in front of me, he killed my mother, he beheaded Edan's mother, he ordered my aunt to be killed. Victor was not escaping fate. This time fate was in my hands.

The battle went quickly. There was a strang force luring me to the forest. And I followed it, and I pity those who got in my way. My soldiers knew better than to mess with me but the rouges didn't. They went flying with a flick of my hand or buried by rocks. The outsiders meant no threat. They were a joke to the royal soldiers. There was nothing in the way of them. They've trained for hours, and it showed. There wouldn't be many wounded. 

The force still called, and it was inevitable to avoid. I want to say I was shocked when I landed in a clearing, but I wasn't. It was beautiful. Flowers of all variety scattered the floor, and huge borders provided a  sitting area where one could bask in the sun. The trees seemed to open up and the sun shined brighter here. It would be a great place to die. 

I felt his vibrations before I heard him. He was as cocky as the first time I met him as my enemy. He wore black robes that a royal would wear. He even dared to wear a crown made out of black roses. He saw him as a king, I saw him as a murderer. This time I would not lower my head, I held it high. It irritated him, and it gave me great comfort. He was still human despite his god complex.

"My my have you grown. And blossom. You're not the little dear that you're named after anymore. You are a beautiful mare," he was the first to talk. 

"A mare is a horse, not a deer," it was the girl that was behind him that said that. She had black hair and pale skin. In other words, she looked like a ghost. But her skin was marred with scars that looked like bite marks. Battle scars that showed her strength. 

"Hush deary. Elena, do you like my new little pet. I spent a pretty penny on her. I don't know why. She's littered with scars," Victor taunted. It was true, the only area that wasn't covered in bite marks was her upper neck nearing her vocal cords. But the rest was ruined. I could only imagine the pain she's suffered throughout her life.

Victor might have been the first to talk, but I was the first to attack. I didn't even think I was preparing for a strike, it just happened. A trial of risen rocks attached themselves to Victor's ankles. But he broke them easily. Vanessa's warning was accurate, he does have powers. But I had more. I had death on my side. 

Ice came after me, but I dodged it and turned it to water and returned the blow. He split it with his fingertips, but I was quicker, the water that was sprayed sudenly turned to ice and attacked him with swordlike sharpness. It felt good to hear his cries of displeasure. 

He returned the gesture with fire which was quickly absorbed. It fueled the energy needed for lightning. It came as directed out of my fingertips and landed perfectly on the rocked next to Victor causing him to get buried and cut with sharp edges. But I discovered a new development — vines wrapped around my ankles and legs. Roses blossomed from them, and I was floored when I realized that the girl was doing it. 

I nearly gave her a panic attacked when I unwrapped the vines. I gave her a look of wondered and also a concern. She didn't know she was doing it and I saw small flames of fire near her fingertips. She was an elemental. But she was like me; she could bend all elements. However, she was untrained, and she is breaking the first law of being an elemental. Never fear your powers for it is a blessing given by the earth. 

I was so shocked that I didn't see the wave of water that came hitting me at the side. But it did the trick. I was back in battle with Victor. And this time I was pissed. He bought an elemental and was using her. Victor saw the look on my face and knew that he was screwed because I brought all my powers to attack him. My irises turned white, and I slightly elevated from the ground. He didn't have time to blink before he was stricken with fire. 

Fire, water, ice, rock, and lightning flew at him, and eventually, he grew weak. He couldn't keep up with a master. Victor fell at his knees, and when his final attempt to weaken me was reflected, he gave up. But something inside of me couldn't kill him. And when I looked at the girl one last time, I knew why. She was looking at me with fear dancing in her eyes. It was her fear that calmed me down. It was her fear that gave me my last vision. 

This time it was quick. There were sudden flashes, but I caught what I needed — a way to destroy Victor without killing him. Without thinking, I placed my two fingers on his forehead and heart. From there I went on instinct. There was a gut feeling, and I pulled at it until I got results. Victor's body glowed with light, and his head suddenly pointed at the sky. Then my head was aimed at the sky, and I was gleaming only white, not black. 

I saw all the things he did to me, and all the tortured he put me through. And when I thought that I couldn't take much more Eric's image flashed in my head. I saw Eden, Grace, Vanessa, and Julia. I saw what was going on when Eric annoyed the daylights out me when he would howl. I saw and felt the love he had over me. And I knew that even if I was battered, I had something Victor would never have- a reason to live. And that was more than enough. 

Before I knew it, I had a headache that would give a migraine a run for its money. But Victor was slumped on the ground. He looked normal. And when I reached for his chin, I saw tears in his eyes. 

"You will live, but not with what you want. You will never have power. And you will never be able to persuade anyone to listen to you. You will face your crimes head-on, and I hope you look at my face and hear my words in your dreams. I will not remember you. I will not have nightmares about you. I will never forgive, but I will forget."

I left him like that. A beaten man that was crying for what he lost. For what he never had. And I turned to my mate and ran to him. And I hugged him until I forgot everything, including the last rogue that was holding a knife. And I hugged him so tight that I didn't feel the knife plunged deep in my heart and Eric's. I didn't feel myself drop to my knees. 

I only felt Julia's heartache. I only felt her hands pressed against my chest trying to stop the bleeding. I only felt her tears fall on my face as I reached my hands and cupped her face. I only saw her story of how she avoided death. I only saw her parents die before her eyes. I only saw the darkness of power that was death escape my mouth and get breathed into her. 

I only remembered breathing death into her before I myself went to where I belonged. With my mate, ruling the land of elkes and flower trees.