Chapter Three

I was told by the social worker to go through my mother belonging a pick want was important and what wasn't. It was like salt in the wound. She told me the other day how sorry she is and now she expects me to go through the belongings of my passed mother and choose what I should keep. Everything she had turned important. But I had too; they couldn't take all my mother's stuff and mine overseas.

It took a day to go through all of it. I donated her clothes, shoes, and cooking pans. I kept her stuff animal from her childhood, her wedding band, and her favorite necklace. A simple wolf head my father got her when I was born. I also took the time to go through all my clothes and shoes. And books. Because I'm so good at packing, I got everything in about fifteen boxes and three suitcases.

It was hard to go through with this. I could easily run away and never be seen again. I would be doing everyone a favor; no one would get hurt because of me. But my mother would be furious if she were alive. She would never want me to leave and disappear. And guilt would weigh me down.

But there were still dark thoughts in my head. I could live out in a forest, and no one would know. I'm self-sufficient, all I have to do is make some fruits and vegetables grow, and I would be set. I wonder how long the police would search for me before they give up. But then I thought of all the downfalls. I would be alone, a person's greatest fear. And no one would know my story, not truly. I might hate my life, but it's better than some. But there are days where I think it'd be better to fall off a cliff.

I might not know what my future will uphold, but I do know that I can't leave. There is a small part of me that wants to see my aunt and experience what my mother's home is like. I know it was cruel to her, but still. Curiosity is a dangerous thing, but it drives us all at some point to do stupid things. This will be my stupid thing to experience. I hope it'll be worth it.

When I got to the airport, it was about five o'clock. My flight would be leaving in about an hour. I had everything I needed to last a twelve-hour flight. A pillow, five books because you can never have enough books, a charged laptop and phone, and my classic stuffed animal- Shara the Purple Monkey. With my two carry-ons, it was great. Until my social worker called.

She explained that I wouldn't be picked up by my aunt but by my cousin. Great. Not only that, my gate changed. And if that wasn't bad enough, it was across the airport. Again, great. Luckily, I wasn't the only person at the gate waiting for that flight. From there, everything went smoothly.

The piolet got on and talked about stuff we already knew and stuff we didn't care about. A couple of hours later, around eight, the flight attendants came around with breakfast. I choose a classic granola bar and Tropicana. And I was on my way. I read while listening to movie themes.

I was fortunate. The parents didn't let their kid scream their lungs out, and the person who was sitting next to was asleep. Peace. After finishing my second book, Percy Jackson of course, I decided to follow my neighbor and sleep.

I felt relieved whenthe plane landed. I wanted to introduce my bladder to the bathroom. Thankgoodness we were in the back, so we got out first. My neighbor had thesame idea since he was one of the first people to get out. I was thankful to beon solid ground again and quickly went to the baggage claim. After I got myluggage, I went to the little squirrel's room, as dad always called it. After that, I went to the front of the airport and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

And waited.

I called my aunt using a borrowed phone from someone. And she said that she'd call him. Talk about being fashionably late. Mother nature seemed against me since it started raining heavily. Great.

Just.

Freaking.

Great.

Next chapter in new p.o.v- peace and love, peace and love

a_sarcastic_bookworm