Chapter Forty-four

Eric had no words. I can't blame him, and I would have the same reaction as him if he told me the news I did. I didn't like it, and I didn't want to put him in this predicament. I want to be a normal girl with typical issues. 

"I'm sorry Eric," I apologized for the third time.

"Come here Little Fawn," he said opening his arms for me. "It's okay. I'm not mad. I could never be mad at you. You're too cute for that."

"Don't call me cute," I mumbled half-heartedly. 

"Shh, don't say anything. Let me hug you without having snarky remarks thrown at me."

"Do you have anyone in mind that will be good for the thrown."

"Yeah, no offense but it isn't your cousin. He is too immature for the thrown, and Kai is too calm and relaxed. I only know one person who is like me. Unfortunately, I haven't talked to him in years."

"Who is it."

"My cousin, his name is Christian."

"Hmph," I said.

"I already called him. He should be getting here about now."

It was like the world was against us, as soon as he said that we heard a growl from downstairs.

"That would be him," Eric said picking me up and walking out the door. I was too tired to care.

Eric walked downstairs. There was a vase on the floor that's broken. It was knocked down by someone. Whoever did was angry. That is just what I needed. An angry male, you can tell it's a man, they always smash things. Girls throw things sure, the only difference between male and female is that girls don't miss their targets. 

"You have got to be kidding me. Fate loves to mess with me. Out of all the times to find a mate, an omega mate too. I deserve better than this. So much better. I hate my life," a male voice said. They did not sound happy. I heard Julia's whimper after the cruel things the man said. But he didn't seem to notice. 

We came close to the voices, closer to Julia. I still heard the male voice saying cruel words and Julia whimpering. I had a feeling that he was directing his words to Julia but I wanted to ignore it. I couldn't bring myself to believe that someone would want to hurt a cute fluffy marshmallow bunny like Julia. But the world is filled with cruel people, and I wouldn't be surprised if Julia got faced with one of those people. 

I didn't want too, but I knew she couldn't stay innocent forever. But even I can't, and I have to let my friend see and experience the world. No matter how much that pains. I know I'm leaving her, and that kills me. 

Julia and I haven't spend a lot of time together, but I feel a connection with her. I didn't feel that with the others. I can't explain it, but somehow, she turned out to be my best friend. And I wanted people to respect her and see her as she is. A person, a person who does have feelings and is goofy because not only because she has laughter in her blood, but also because it hides a piece of her; the part that is afraid of losing someone, the part where she's sad because her mom died before she could create memories that stick. So far, I'm the only person who can see that. 

"Oh for goodness sake stop whimpering you mangy mutt," the voice snapped right as we entered. My suspicion was confirmed, the voice was talking to Julia.  

"Don't talk to her like," I said jumping from Eric's hold.

"Who are you to tell me how I should or should not talk to my mate," he turned his words to me. His tone earned him a growl from Eric.

"That's your luna that you're talking to," Eric defended me.

"And that's your mate your talking to," the words flew right out of my mouth. I only registered what he said after I quoted him. I gasp, and my eyes widened. Julia found her mate, and her mate was Eric's cousin. And Eric cousin was going to be the alpha, and that makes Julia luna.