Chapter 14: The Notebook

But it's such a pity a boy so pretty
With an ugly heart

There were a lot of things I planned to do with the Playboys: have a date with them, laugh with them, kid around with them, hell—even tease them.

But I did not plan to kiss any of them.

For me, kissing was something you do to show your love and affection to your loved one. It was a sacred bond that you only shared with your favorite person. It was a connection you made with someone you love, someone you trust.

It was not something you throw around, at least, not for me.

I pushed him away from me.

"What the hell, Logan?" I exclaimed, wiping my mouth.

"I'm sorry—"

And those were his last words before he puked his guts out, on my feet.

"Ew!" I yelped in disgust, holding my nose up to cover up the foul smell.

He covered his mouth with his eyes wide open, and I pointed the way to the bathroom. He ran into my bathroom and puked more in my toilet as I went inside with him to wash his guts out of my feet.

After I washed and soaped my feet for the nth time, I walked over to him and rubbed his back as he vomited everything he drank this night.

"I so did not sign up for this," I mumbled under my breath as I continued rubbing circles on his back.

I noticed that his phone was tucked in his back pocket, so I grabbed it and started taking pictures of him. I snickered at the pictures I took of a certain hot mess before making it his profile picture on every social media account.

"Kath," he slurred, his eyes barely open now. "I think I'm gonna..."

He never got to finish his sentence because he slumped to the ground, falling into unconsciousness.

I groaned in frustration, flushing the toilet and gathering paper towels and wetting it to wipe off the barf on his face.

I tried to pull him to my bed, but he wouldn't budge. I did everything I could to bring him there; I even tried waking him up by slapping him.

It didn't work.

I would leave him there, but then I saw how miserable he looked on my bathroom floor. His forehead was scrunched and he was curled up in an uncomfortable way, making me sigh and stand up.

Grumbling profanities under my breath, I walked to Karl's room.

Karl might be younger than me, but because he wanted to fit in and 'be hot' so bad, he worked out all the time. Even though I would never admit it out loud, he was a bit stronger than I was. I mean, the kid lifted weights while watching television or eating cereal.

Without knocking, I entered his room.

And, oh boy, he was awake.

"Kath!" he yelped, shutting his laptop close immediately. "What the hell are you doing in my room?"

I was so appalled by what I saw that I didn't even want to question it.

"Um, I need some help," I said awkwardly, not sparing my little brother a glance.

Because he probably felt bad that I caught him doing stuff, he agreed in a heartbeat. "I'll meet you outside."