Chapter 44: The New Beginning

This our life, our time, we livin' well
Late nights in the city, causin' hell
Burn this bitch into the ground, oh well
If all we got tonight, let's do this right

Jade shifted awkwardly from her seat, pulling down on her dress even though we were sitting down.

"Are you guys sure I look okay?" she asked again.

Zoe and I glanced at each other before yelling together.

"JADINE DELA ROSA, YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE GODDESS. YOU ARE THE ONLY QUEEN WE WORSHIP, THE ONLY LADY THAT MATTERS—"

"YOUR BEAUTY CONQUERS EVERYTHING. I AM COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY WHIPPED FOR YOU, MILADY. NO ONE CAN EVER COMPARE—"

"Okay, okay, I get it!" She giggled, her awkwardness fading away. "Thank you. You girls look lovely as well."

I know we did. I mean, how couldn't we, when it was the last night we were all getting together? Mom had fixed us all up earlier, getting us glammed up and ready for prom. Now, we were in a rented limousine with Jade's driver on the way to prom, fulfilling our promise from before of going to prom together without anyone else, even boyfriends.

Speaking of boyfriends, Zachary already met my parents. Mom loved him immediately because she knew about him painting for me, but Dad was a little harder to convince. After quite some time though, he started to love him, too. I told them about Zachary when we were watching a movie together in the middle of the night, and he literally demanded for him to come at that time. Luckily, he did, but while he was on his way, Dad pulled out a fake gun that looked so real. I didn't want him to scare the boy, but he was too adamant about it. Good thing I didn't stop him though because the moment Zachary saw the gun, he squealed like freaking mouse and jumped away, making the whole family burst into tears.

Kaden, on the other hand, was the first one to warm up to him. My brother was banned to use a motorcycle m because of an incident when he was younger, so when Zachary let him use his, Kaden fell in love with him.

And he called me easy.

A silky, champagne-beige colored long dress hugged her body perfectly, emphasizing every good thing she had. Her dress was a strapless sweetheart, and the lacey top part hugged her curves well. The lace stopped at her waist and silkiness flowed down below, along with a long slit that showed off her leg and the silver heels she was wearing. Her hair, which was mildly tamed than usual but still curly, was in a half up-do. She looked seductive but classy at the same time, which was a very Zoe thing.

Jade, who was usually the conservative one, proudly showed off her stunning figure for once

Jade, who was usually the conservative one, proudly showed off her stunning figure for once. Her white dress stuck on her tightly, flaunting all her curves in the right places. Since she couldn't find a turtlenecked dress, she bought a halter one instead. Like Zoe, she had a slit, but it wasn't as high as hers. She paired up her dress with white, pointy heels, and I chuckled as she struggled to stand up straight with it. Even though her dress was supposed to be sexy, she looked so angelic and innocent especially with her hair up in a proper bun, white accessories displayed on her hair.