Chapter 19: The Dogs

Yeah I get sad, too
And when I'm down I need somebody to talk to
Yeah, I feel the same as you do
Same stress, same shit to go through

I sighed as I disposed the last piece of condom in the trash can.

It was another dreadful day where students would call me a slut, violate my privacy, and mess up my stuff.

For today's Monday special, they stuffed condoms in each of my books, my pencil case, my wallet—just anywhere one can put something in. Luckily, I noticed before going to any of my classes or else I would have had to explain to my teachers why I had sex protection in my notes.

"Did I just see you throw out a condom?" Ivan asked, popping out of nowhere.

I shrugged. "Just a regular day for me, you know."

I furrowed my eyebrows when he suddenly broke into a devilish grin. "Not for anyone else though."

Maybe it was because I was too preoccupied throwing condoms out, but seeing the mischievous glint in Ivan's chocolate brown eyes was when I just noticed other students panicking because they couldn't open their lockers.

I slowly turned to my troublemaker friend with raised eyebrows. "Ivan, what did you do?"

His grin only widened as he raised up a little remote control thing with a red button. When everyone in the hallway was in front of their locker or any locker, Ivan pressed the red button.

The locker doors burst open, condoms spilling out from inside. What was even funnier was that the baby preventer wasn't in their packages. Teenagers screamed and ran as rubbery material went on their bodies and flooded the hallway.

I spotted Natalya Gray near to tears as dozens of condoms were stuck to her perfect hair. I burst out laughing as her minions tried to rip it out of her hair, but it only seemed to cause her pain since she screeched to the top of her lungs.

"Holy shit," I teared up, still laughing uncontrollably. Ivan laughed along with me, even clutching his stomach from laughing so hard. "Ivan, you are a genius."

"I know, right?" he said cockily, but I didn't mind.

Due to the commotion, teachers started spreading out, trying to get ahold of panicking students. They made everyone get to class, and so Ivan walked me to mine.

I stopped right before we were at my class, pulling him gently towards me. I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him quickly on his cheek, whispering, "Thank you," before walking nonchalantly to the classroom.

I was already inside my classroom when I noticed he was still outside, a hand over his cheek where I kissed him and his mouth slightly agape.

"Damn, sweetheart," a voice I unfortunately knew so well called out. "Didn't know you were such a player."

"Ryder," I deadpanned, looking at the blonde Playboy flatly. "To what do I owe the pleasure of your royal highness sitting beside me?"

As I waited for his response, I gazed around the room, hoping to see a dimpled friend of mine. Logan usually sat beside me, but after what happened, I didn't expect him to. My heart sank when I saw he was nowhere in this class, realizing that the golden boy skipped class for the first time in his life.

I didn't know what to feel about that.

"It's good you know you're privileged to sit beside me," he chided, leaning comfortably on his seat.

I rolled my eyes. "It's called sarcasm, you idiot."

He didn't respond after that. As I bent down to get a book from my bag, I came across my mission notebook. I realized that I haven't made much progress with Ryder since I was cooped up with Logan and Ivan. I bit my lip as I tried to think of a game plan, racking my brain for all the information Zachary told me weeks ago.