Chapter 18

Abe's migraine had gotten worse, and as much as he wanted to help Valerie get the kids to bed, he decided to take an Excedrin and get some sleep. He stepped out of Issac's car massaging the bridge of his nose.

"Dad, you okay?" Asked Issac.

Abe nodded. "Just a little Migraine that's all."

Christian blew past him with an annoyed huff. He would have ignored it but the bump agitated his head more. "What's your problem?" He snapped.

He turned around his eyes big and frustrated.

He flapped his hand. "Never mind, Christian."

"Yeah, right old man, brush me the fuck off."

"Well, I'm going home now." Issac nervously excused himself getting back in his car.

"Jacob, go get ready bed." He dug in his pocket and handed Jake the house key.

"Yeah, dad!" He his eyes trailed to Abe and Christian before he, snatched the key and went into the house.

"Christian, I'm sorry. I had every intention on telling Valerie the truth."

"I'll bet."

"Is there something you want to talk about?" He snapped. He wasn't in the mood to have it out with Christian, he was tired and his bed was calling him, but he knew it would bother him all night.

His eyes widened, "Oh you mean, you give a damn now?"

He huffed looking at the door, he didn't want to have a loud argument with his son for neighborhood.

"I care because I'm your father." He massaged his nose harder.

"Oh really? Now you're a father."

"Are you drunk?" He asked.

"No for the first time I'm seeing things clearly." He snarled, "You go in our house and there isn't one fucking picture of my mom."

His heard tensed. That's what this was about. He looked at his son. "I'm sorry, I put them in the attic. He kept one in his night stand. "Christian if you want I can put them in your apartment."

"Good! Somebody should remember her."

He blew out a breath. "You think I don't think about your mother?" He let out another slow breath trying to calm down his temper. He was usually an even tempered guy, but Christian was pushing his buttons.

"You don't give a shit about, her."

He grit his teeth. "You know what, Christian. I am being as patient as I can be. Just because I am attracted to other women doesn't mean I love your mother any less. I feel like I'm talking to a kid." He reached for his son but he pulled away.

"No." He snapped, "All I know is those Davisons have always had you wrapped around their fingers. It was like you didn't have sons anymore."

"That's not true." He said, "If anything, I was there for all of your football games. I showed you more support than anyone." It was hard to admit. Issac brought that to his attention.

"Yeah, but it was all about football. You didn't care about anything else but football. We stopped talking about Mom..." His eyes glassed over, "And now, I have to hear around town how much your fucking sons disappoint you."

His mouth opened and closed.

"But you are so proud of the Davison sisters, they can do no wrong...they walk on water, but the Valerie thing is taking it too far Dad. If you want to be a Davison...go, you were a better father to them anyway."