Chapter 30

"Mommy! Mom!"

That over a loud screeching cry of Jake had awoken Abe out of a dead sleep. The little sleep he did get was precious, with a new baby it seemed things had multiplied if he'd added Issac's odd behavior. It was for attention it had to be. He'd buried his Liv, and this still went on, like clockwork. Three in the morning Issac would bang on the door waking up Jake screaming for Liv.

He'd had it. He'd been reasoning with Issac all week, now it was time to get back to some normalcy. Abe had to get back to work, the kids had to go back to school at the beginning of the week. He'd hated it but he needed to firm.

He slid out of bed running his fingers through his hair letting his feet touch the hard wood. He drew his attention to the loud bangs on the door.

"Mom! Mommy! Mom, I need you! Mommy, open the door!"

He blew out a breath and looked over at the crib. Jake was screaming his lungs out. Abe felt the worst for Jake. He didn't get the chance to know his mother, but somehow fate allowed him to be born in this freak show. He stood walking over to the crib, holding his youngest son in his arms gingerly holding his head. He placed him in the swing. He knew if Abe let him he would sleep in that thing. None of the boys took to the swing like that, but it was a sure thing with little Jake. Turning a nob, the swing rocked him and his eyes fixed to the corner of the ceiling.

He blew out a breath looking at the door. If only his middle child was that easy.

"Mom!" He screamed, Abe flung the door open. Knelt and grabbed his arms.

"Stop it! Issac, she's gone! Go to bed!"

His blue eyes were wide and overflowed with tears. "No!" He whined, "I want Mommy!"

"She's dead, Issac! You know she's dead! We went through this. Go to bed, Issac! Now!"

"I heard her! She's not dead!"

He ran his hand over his face. Now he was claiming he was hearing voices. He still must have been trying to get attention. "Issac! Go to bed!" He yelled.

"But-but-but!"

He finally grabbed him by the arm and pulled him in his room, pulled back his covers and put him in in his bed forcefully.

"Don't get out of bed, Issac. I mean it!" He harshly slammed the door shaking the walls.

He tugged at his hair as he made his way to his room. He'd slammed his own door screaming curses at God. He slid against the wall pulling at his hair wanting to cry but too manly to let them fall. It caused him to rock harshly. Replaying him yelling at his asthmatic son and pushing him on his bed. He couldn't do this alone, not without her.