Chapter 38

"So why are we doing this again." Dee huffed tugging at her white Juliet top over her cleavge, "With them."

"Good, well someone took their bitch pill this morning." Christian fixed his camera on his tripod.

 He chuckled as she gave him the narrow eyed glare under her thick fake lashes and her gray contacts.

"Bubbles, I think this brilliant." Issac smiled rolling his fingers around the curve of her back loving that her dress hand a low back. Her skin on his still sent his blood pulsing and her white cocktail dress draped over her figure perfectly. The color was what caused his mind to wonder. He loved how her hair glittered with little snowflake barrettes. He loved how she leaned against him so she could navigate through the snow in her heels as they walked toward the christmas decorated gazebo.

"Oh my gosh, do her already and get it over with." Dee snarked.

Issac just huffed.

"No everybody screws anything with a penis." Melanie called back.

"Am I the designated baby carrier." Valerie complained pushing the stroller up the snowy hill with Kayla walking up her heel with her cute dark red Christmas dress. Dee walked up and picked up Jamaal rocking him in her arms. There was always a softness in her eyes when she was around her son. It was like she was a different person.

Christian almost wanted to start taking pictures. She was nothing like April. April would rather go shopping than watch her own daughter. He didn't know why he thought of it, but it made him think about the first time he'd held Riley. April stayed on her phone yapping about her figure and stretch marks, he wanted to take a picture of Dee and Jamaal and send it to April and tell her this is what a mother acts like. The maternal glow in her eyes, the fact that she hated any other man, but her son.

She shook his head. "Don't agitate the snow too much around the front." Christian pointed. He had to admit, it was pretty cool directing a his first big photo shoot was kind of cool. He had never really thought of the Goodwins and Davisons as a family, but the more he thought about it the more it made sense. Sometimes it was disturbing, at least the part about his dad liking Valerie, but he just shrugged it off as someone that made his dad happy. Then there was Melanie; he felt a protectiveness of a little sister.

He looked up and noticed Jake sitting on the top step of the gazebo with his ear buds in, he looked over a Camila who was holding Kayla's hand. "Okay, everybody in front of the gazebo." He called. He arranged everyone in the shot according to his and Melanie's vision.

The kids were up front, Jake and Camile were at each end, Christian put Dee as close to Jamaal because he knew that was the only way to at least get her to smile. Then there was Melanie and Issac. He could have just been an asshole and put one on each side, but he had to admit the two made each other light up. As bubbly as Melanie was, Shaggs brought her to life that much more. Valerie was in the middle, suddenly he wondered where he fit. He quickly decided he would stand between Valerie and Issac size-wise he fit. He set his timer and darted in the picture.

"Say! Cheese." Christian called.

* * * * *

The photo shoot was over. Christian wanted copies of his own. It was strange how these people growing seemed insignificant now he realize how important these people were in his life.

"Shaggs can I talk to you for a minute." He'd noticed Melanie tugging at Issac's hand, he felt his eyes narrow suspiciously. He didn't understand the feeling that washed over him, but there was something off putting about the two wondering off alone.

He tried not to think about it. He didn't need to think of Melanie like that, and Bubbles and Shaggs were a duo, always had been, just tore down his tripod and packed everything in their bags. He needed to get the hell out of their before he got 'Davison' fever. He laughed as he sat on his bike.