Chapter 21

"I'm sorry son." He said gripping the door handle and twisting it. He pulled it and looked behind the door and as he'd suspected it was unlocked. He knelt down to get a closer look. "This lock doesn't seem to be broken son."

"Dad? Seriously?"

He looked over at the the wide eyed auburn haired girl shivering in the corner.

He smiled. "Hi Karen."

"Um," Pushed her hair from her pale face, "H-hi Mr. Goodwin."

"How's your mom doing?"

Her eyes trailed to Jake and then back at him. "G-good."

"Good." He nodded.

He'd had different tactics with his boys when it came to sex. This was the first time he'd actually walked in on one of his sons in the act. His only resolution was to embarrass him at least to the point where he'd be smart enough to lock the door.

"Dad!" Jake finally covered his manhood with his hands.

"Valerie invited us for dinner. You should put some clothes on or something. Maybe light an incense or something. I'm not trying to pry, but it smells like sex in here."

"Dad! Can you get out of my room please?"

He looked at the girl that was almost in tears, and back at his son. At least his age let him play the senile old man. He looked down noticing a pair of blue boxers with a batman symbol on them. He couldn't help but think of his little boy. He picked it up in his finger tips and handed it to Jake. Jake snatched it. "Karen, I'll take you home." He couldn't even look at her, the shear mortification on her face was too much. It was time for him to go. He turned the small nob locking the door and closing it behind him.

He strolled into his room to pick out an outfit for Valerie's dinner. If it was going to be a regular thing, he couldn't very well dress up every night. He'd at least needed a clean shirt. He took a quick shower and headed down stairs where he found a fully clothed Jake and Karen leaning against the wall beside the door. Jakes fingers tousled in her hair with his nose barely touching hers. If he didn't see them in the sack, he would have just thought they were just a any high school couple. Then it clicked. He'd been so used to Christian's sexual deviance in high school, even though he'd had an on and off again girlfriend. He never took the time to think if they were in a serious relationship, or if that was both of the first time for the both of them. He had never been good at things like this.

"Karen, are you ready?" He asked.

Her green eyes widened as she looked over at him, "Yes, Mr. Goodwin."

He noticed Jake's eyes narrow. Jake rarely got mad at him, he was always the laid back one. If Jake was mad he knew he'd messed up.

Karen started walking toward him but Jake caught her wrist pulling her into him again and lifting she off the ground. Her knee bent as she squealed and laughed. He kissed her quickly on the nose and then slowly on the mouth.

"See ya." He said against her lips.

"See ya." She sang.

His lip twitched. He remembered young love. They slowly parted and Karen came toward the door.

"Take a shower and head over to Valerie's" Abe instructed.

"I don't want to." He snapped.

"That wasn't an option, Jacob." He said firmly.

He huffed his way up stairs and Abe and Karen headed into the tow truck.

"Mr. Goodwin?" They had drove in silence and it wasn't until they were in her neighbor hood she'd spoke.