Chapter 47

The next day Abe took his family to the big field by the part and tossed around the football.  He hadn't done that with his boys in years. Garth even got in on the fun. This was something he wanted to get used to, his family having smiling and having a good time. All generations. 

He was glad Christian was taking pictures, Melanie even took the camera to get him and his boys. That he wanted to keep both in his room and office, or course with all of the others, but he wanted everyone to know how proud of his sons. Just as proud he was of his daughters, and their children, what ever they wanted to call him. It didn't matter what anyone thought about his family, it was his and he was proud of it. 

The next week flew by soon it was time for everyone to get back to their lives.  

Issac wrapped his arms around Melanie and pulled her into a bear hug nuzzling in her hair. He'd considered not letting her go. He didn't want to think about that empty feeling he always got when she left. He didn't understand it until now. Even when he was with Rachael. Now he knew why and he felt like an idiot for letting her walk out of his life again, but it was the right thing. 

"Call me." She murmured.

"Every day." He promised, and he would. He would never let their friendship end again, "You go out and do great things, Bubbles."

She rested her head on his. "You too. You keep being an awesome teacher."

Finally, she slipped in her car. He reluctantly let her go. 

Abe slipped his hand around his son's hand in the Mustang."Whether you decide to come back..." He started.

"If you want me to stay out there, Dad. I'll get out of your hair."

"Christian, you're my son this is your home."

He chuckled, "Thanks Dad!"

"Thank you, for being such an amazing son. Your mother would be proud."

Christian smiled, "Thanks Dad!" He looked beside him at Valerie who was under his arm holding her son, as her daughter gripped his dad at on the leg. He wanted to laugh, he was really becoming a family man again, "Hey, take care of my old man, Val." He winked. 

"Okay," She smiled, "Give that little girl a big kiss from all of us."

He smiled again, "I will." 

He pulled beside Melanie's car her eyes lit up seeing him in his new wheels, "Trading in your bike?"

"Nah, I'm still a Harley boy you know that Duchess." He winked.

Her lip playfully poked out. "Well don't go riding other chicks around."

He grit his teeth, "You're killing me, Duchess." He smiled "Call me when you get that play on a stage. I'll be there front row if I can."

"And your first photography show." She pulled up a manila envelope, "Thanks for the new head shots, by the way."

"You won't let any other photographer get a hold of that pretty ass while I'm gone."

She fell back into her seat playfully, "You're killing me Christian."

He chuckled. "Take care of yourself, okay."

"You too!"

Valerie and Abe watched as the kids drove off into the world. Abe slipped his hand in hers. Valerie wanted him to kiss her but the love in his eyes was enough to fuel her racing heart. 

She turned to Abe, "Would you like to come in for dinner?" 

"Absolutely." He said.

"Yay!" Kayla bounced as Abe took her in his arms and turned to go inside with Valerie, Jake and Cam followed but Issac stood at the edge of the drive way looking up the street. He looked like an abandoned puppy.  

"Issac?" Valerie said snapping him out of his daze, "You're more than welcome to come to dinner too."

Issac turned around. "Yeah." He sighed walking in Valerie's house with everyone else.