listen

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

" Listen, please "

       WITH A HEATED FACE, Valentina Paulman excused herself after she'd been calmed down with the help her of friends and offered a glass of water

Her friends stared at her as if she were crazy but she didn't blame them. How could she with what she blurted out? Despite her friend's judgements and how stupid this all seemed, her memories were far too detailed to be mistaken as some hallucination.

Valentina unbuttoned her white blouse and watched as Saanvi entered her room, closing the door behind her and tilting her head with a pitiful expression. "Val, what happened?" Her soothing voice was almost music to her ears, calming her every nerve.

Although what'd she'd seen was completely unbelievable, this was Saanvi and she could tell Saanvi anything. Valentina pulled on her velvet coloured tank top and her aegean pyjama pants before she sat on her bed, her best friend right on the edge in front of her.

Saanvi's locks of a dark chocolate brown bounced as she leaned forward, her slender hands on Valentina's knee, squeezing it with reassurance.

"I-I don't know Saan, it was crazy," Valentina began, her hand wiping the glaze of sweat off her forehead and spilling the horrid sight she'd seen in the perfect detail.

It was no surprise that her friend didn't change the concerned expression on her face even after she finished the story. "You sure you're taking your meds? Your psychiatrist said it would help and it has been hasn't it?"

She was right, it was helpful indeed. Which was why Valentina did take her meds this morning, remembering the memory of the two pills that rested in the palm of her hand as she stared at them in the reflection of the mirror.

"I did take them though, really." Valentina argued. What she'd seen was certainly far from a hallucination like the ones of the crash. This was different, this was real and she knew it.

That evening Valentina had given Cole his turn back to choose the movie for their event, but had decided it was better to head to bed early. Laying in bed and staring at the window, recalling the way the beast roared at its victim, the harsh thinks of its footsteps as it ran after her.

The thumping feeling made her body tremble the entire night as she tossed and turned in her own bed, the memory only replaying as a nightmare, over and over and over again.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

The next morning Valentina awoke with a pounding headache and a cramped shoulder. She'd made sure to pinch herself several times before she swallowed her usual daily pills, just in case she was asleep.