ro

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

"Get well soon, Valentina Paulman."

     LIKE SANDPAPER rubbing against each other with an intense amount of power and pressure, Valentina Paulman's throat ached painfully, she could barely let out a breath without it throbbing

LIKE SANDPAPER rubbing against each other with an intense amount of power and pressure, Valentina Paulman's throat ached painfully, she could barely let out a breath without it throbbing. She felt her chest tighten into a knot, her eyes heavy as they flickered open.

It took a while to adjust to the new lighting, her head tipping to the side slightly to observe Eddie Brock slumped in the chair, snoring quietly but enough for her to hear. She could have laughed if it didn't pain her so much. A couch was set behind him where Saanvi lay, head rested on her own arm, a beautiful angel glimmering in the morning sunlight.

Valentina Paulman's back ached severely, a thrash of pain against every nerve and muscle behind her, almost uncomfortable for her to lay down or even move. Still, she gripped her bedsheets tightly and grunted as she pushed her body upwards into a more seated position, the pain making her whimper in the process.

Eddie's eyes fluttered open, eyes setting on the woman he'd been watching all evening. The adrenaline set back again, gushing through his veins and pushing Eddie onto his feet immediately.

"I-I'm fine-" Valentina muttered, closing her eyes and biting down on her bottom lip, enduring the pain. She hadn't been in this much pain since the car crash, since....
Her mind fluttered to the thought of Chase, Chase was...dead? "Where's...Chase?"

Eddie almost froze at the question, but his brows furrowed in confusion, unsure why she was asking of the guy who'd brought her harm...again. "He's dead, remember? He uh...he hurt you."

Valentina leaned back, nodding slowly before everything began to come back to her slowly. A pool of memories flooding her mind, from Chase's death to the beginning of his appearance, to Eddie and the break up. Valentina swallowed hard, eyes drifting to stare up at him. "Eddie, listen I-"

"Saanvi- She told me everything," Eddie placed a hand on hers, tears almost welled in his eyes as he kept listening to the thoughts, not Venom's but his own thoughts. Pestering him about what he'd done, how he'd left her alone to fight back. "Valentina I'm-"

"No, don't apologise. It's not your fault, it's mine I should've told you about them earlier." Valentina took a breath in, wondering if Ro was okay, wondering why she wasn't here.

But Valentina pushed the thought, better to be out of her life than to be concerned of everything, Ro had things to do, a life to live and Valentina was keen on keeping her out of her own problems as much as she could.

"I..." Valentina shook her head, looking down at her lap. "I never told them about Venom. I only kept it noted so I'd find ways to avoid it, tell them anything else that would possibly keep their heads out of your way."