halloween oreos

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

" These are Halloween Oreos "

       EDDIE BROCK winced in pain at the sting that flared on his wounds, his fingers gripping the pillow crushed by his side

       EDDIE BROCK winced in pain at the sting that flared on his wounds, his fingers gripping the pillow crushed by his side. Valentina had kept quiet as she continued to tend to the stranger's wounds and ignored his hisses, growls and curses, placing small bandages on each slice and cut.

After she had finally finished, Valentina handed him a ice bundled in a towel and observed him carefully. Her arms were folded and her brow rose, expecting an answer from the man in front of her.

"You promised me, Brock." Calling him by his first name felt too informal, especially since the two knew nothing but the information they'd researched about one another.

"I know I promised you, but c'mon, you think going to my ex-fiance would do me any better?" Ex-fiance, there was something new about him. What had he done to mess it up, or how did it end up that way?

Valentina groaned and rubbed her temples, shooting him a glare before shifting backwards. After what had occurred with Kane, she didn't feel like being close to anybody. "You don't even know me."

"We could get to know each other, besides, it's not like I could've let some stranger go off with knowing my secret." Eddie shrugged, shifting the covered ice to another bruised spot on his face.

"A secret that you forced me to witness!" Eddie blinked at her change in tone, the rise of her voice. "I told you I don't want anything to do with you and your stupid secret."

"Valentina," There was that same glare, the glare she shot him just earlier. A deadly one. "You won't be harmed, but I'm being looked for by some street idiots and there's a bunch of them...my house hasn't been so secure either ever since I left bodies lying around."

Valentina Paulman sighed heavily and slicked back her hair, taking in what he'd said. "One night," She began as she stood up, pulling up the strap of her bra that he'd commented on earlier. "One night and you're out in the morning, I don't even want to remember you were here."

Examining his torn and stained shirt, Valentina bit down on her coloured lip as she stood up and walked off to Saanvi's room. For once, Lyle had come to use in her life and she'd thank him later by gifting him with a new pair of pyjamas for his birthday next year.

"Here." She offered him the pair after she came back to the living room, he hadn't moved from his position other than shifting his head to explore the house with his eyes and nothing more.

Eddie stared at the outfit he'd been given and muttered a low 'thank you' after taking it in his hands and unfolding them. Valentina had left him to change in peace and privacy, giving herself the chance to change and wipe the makeup and the smeared lipstick that stained the side of her chin from the previously heated kisses.