priority

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

" what's a Venom? "

     SAANVI AHUJA's eyes widened at the sight of the floating head of black, the monstrous sight ahead of her that made her insides churn and rumble

SAANVI AHUJA's eyes widened at the sight of the floating head of black, the monstrous sight ahead of her that made her insides churn and rumble. Its teeth razor sharp and its tongue slithering in long waves and curls. Its eyes...horror reflected in its cloudy milk eyes and it sent shivers right up her spine.

"Saanvi-" Valentina blurted out, sitting up quickly but holding the blanket to her collarbone to cover up her nakedness. Despite her best friend's wild and crazy thoughts, she hadn't considered Valentina's story of the dark night beast to be real.

Her slender fingers slid off the door handle as she turned around and left, her eyes still wide and her body in a state of shock and disbelief. Was she dreaming? Recalling the memory, the thought of the creature Saanvi had just witnessed, she couldn't place the puzzle pieces together.

Valentina rushed out of the bed, throwing on Eddie's large shirt that lay on the floor and running right out after her best friend, pausing when she saw her back faced to her. "Saan," Valentina mumbled, gulping nervously. What words could she possibly put together that would make sense?

That's right, that creature was the murderer of all those people last year. Possibly the homeless people too. She'd seen the creature in full body form, muscular, huge, deadly. Saanvi recalled the memory, the memory of her walking on the street, blinking at the sight of a rather black monster that had bit onto the man's head as he gripped him by the neck. People screamed in fear, ran away but Saanvi stood there in shock, terrified of whatever her eyes had manipulated her to see.

"That's- the creature. The creature who killed all those people." Was all Saanvi responded as she turned around, her face drained of the colour and stained with pure utter horror and fear.

"Those were bad people Saan, they only get rid of the bad people." She replied, her voice calm but full of anxiety and possibly embarrassment at the fact that she was bare naked under Eddie's large t-shirt.

"It killed them. Are you sleeping with that thing?" Saanvi asked, knowing it was a stupid accusation, but what else would explain his presence in her own bedroom.

"No! Gosh no, Saanvi that's, that's Venom." It wasn't a perfect answer, but then again, what could possibly stand as a perfect answer for this current situation.

"What the hell is a Venom?" Saanvi folded her arms, still shocked at her friend's approval of being in the same room as the killer, the alien. That must explain the new bodies that appeared, but how had nobody suspected that damn thing?

"His name's Venom, he's a...a Symbiote." Valentina knew she wasn't doing so well at explaining the entire thing, but how could she? "They were brought in by that guy, Doctor Drake and Venom helped send back the rest to their...planet. I swear he's no harm."